Securing plants on viv walls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  20:46:38  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how any of you guys n gals secure silk vines or the like on to the side of the viv?
Currently I have a plastic silk plant on the side wall of my Leo's viv, a sucker holds it up, as Elle is only a Leo there is little chance she will knock it down. When it dries up obviously it falls.
Now when I build Elijahs bigger viv, when the time comes, I want some plants maybe on the sides and back walls, but I don't want them falling down all the time. Plus I don't want nails or hooks or anything just in case he hurts him self on them, so what would be the best and best plants to have for this?

Mick

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would use a cable nail. There wont be anything for it to hurt itself on.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used a staple gun.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:18:04  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when i had my iggy all the fake plants were stapled up :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  22:19:18  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cable nail? That's those nails with like..... a plastic loop on it to secure the cable in place right?

And staples, des this mean they would be in there permanently? What about when you do the monthly cleanout, just restaple?

Mick

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  22:50:41  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the ig's "viv" was huuuuuuge so everything stayed in place

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  00:28:15  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What I do is get those push pins with the rounded plastic peg sticking out of them and put them into the back wall of the viv, if it's a cheap back wall(like mine) use blu-tac at the other side to secure the pin in place and then just hang the plants on the peg. That sounds a bit dodgy, but Astra hasn't knocked it down yet.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  08:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

Cable nail? That's those nails with like..... a plastic loop on it to secure the cable in place right?

And staples, des this mean they would be in there permanently? What about when you do the monthly cleanout, just restaple?

Mick

Caspers stuff stays in the viv to be cleaned, theres plenty of space in mine for washing.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  00:54:14  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well some good ideas there, I have plenty of time yet so I'll give it some thought. I think the plastic naily things sounds like the best option so far.

Thanks.

Mick

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000