Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  20:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys

seem to have so little time nowadays to come on the forum
but Ishan is still not feeding and im getting very worried as its been around 2+ months I need help

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  20:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at this point i would pay for someone to take him with experience with non-eaters to see if they can help

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  20:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear its not feeding. Whats the weight of the snake?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  20:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure, i wrote it down a week ago, i will have to look in my book. But he hasnt grown since i had him i dont think. he had one feed after i got him and hasnt eaten since so he is the size of a hatchling

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  21:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Leah, I assume there are no set up problems and that you know all the usual methods to deal with non feeders and have already tried those. If this is the case and you seriously need someone to help, I wouldn't mind at all taking him and getting him going, or at least I could show you how I'm dealing with my own non-feeding hatchling who is now eating nicely due to being assist fed. But you're in Wales and I'm in London so perhaps someone at a local rep shop could show you how it's done? It's fairly easy and since he hasn't eaten for so long I wouldn't let him fast for much longer.

Meanwhile, ReptoBoost in the drinking water, and you can bath him in it too.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  21:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea theres no temp probs, set up, nothing has changed etc and braining and scenting
I havent force fed him as i do not know how and wouldnt try unless i knew
dont really have any local rep shops near me, i had to travel, theres one by me but its not just a rep shop and to be honest i wouldnt trust them
thanks for your offer, i will def keep it in mind if i find nothing closer
is there a rep shop or someone on here in wales or the border that can help?
thanks will get some ReptoBoost

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  14:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bump

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  18:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nobody closer? this is an sos plea

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

184 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  19:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to here that hes still not eating, I know how you feel. My lil snow didnt eat for 3 months, and will now only eat chick scented (fish etc all refused). When I got her I weighed her and she was 9grms, and did her last week and she is now 10 grms WOO HOO a gram in 2 months. I cant really suggest anything else I'm afraid, but will keep my fingers crossed that he comes around eventually.

1.0.0 Amel stripe(Dezzi)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Rizzie)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Hotaru)
2.2.0 western hognose (Huff and Puff)(Missy and Pharoh)

Edited by - n/a on 06/11/2009 19:07:12
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  20:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tried feeding him again last night, nothing, brained, scented, left over night
i really do need help, i dont mind traveling to west england for help

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scorpioleah

Leah, since it seems no one here can do it lives close enough, get into Lewy's profile and get the URLs for all the other snake forums. Post a link to this thread in every one of them, with the question is there anyone closer to you. I totally don't like the idea of this snake dying!

Also, if the situation is this desperate, then I volunteer Kehhlyr for the job. Come into his chat room tonight, perhaps we can help you more there, face to face, and Kehhlyr may be able to show you how to assist feed your snake, right there on camera. (Check his signature for a link.)

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  22:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know you will have tried everything but have you tried putting him in a tiny little tub with just the pinkie over night? urm scenting with tuna, marmite, chick, gerbil, hamster urm cant think of any others..
reptoboost will definately help him though - bath and in the water bowl

hope you find someone to help you soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  01:17:25  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe that Saddleninja is near you (Porthcawl).
Might be worth sending him a message asking him if he knows anyone that he properly trusts and recommends.

If it wasn't for the fact that I lived in Bournemouth (about 150 miles) I'd help.

Don't get to disheartened though. Although if all the suggestions above fail, then you will have to go the way of assist feeding, which should only be done by an experienced person and then after a few with you watching/learning, then you try.

I recently got a hatchie off of Tizzy, it hatched on the 13th August and I got it on the 24th Oct. It had NOT eaten in all that time, it was down to a weight of 6g. Since I've had it, it's had a few feeds (all assist) but at least it's getting something.
Although I was unsure of assist feeding (if it needed it yet, not my ability) because it was still a very alert and active snake. In fact if I didn't know it hadn't fed I would not have been able to guess.
They can go for sometime without eating, the reptoboost will work well enough for a fair while but for your peace of mind, it may be better to at least try to get 1 feed down it.

If you ever find yourself coming down this way for any reason soon, let me know, and I'll help as best I can.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

quote:
Originally posted by scorpioleah

Leah, since it seems no one here can do it lives close enough, get into Lewy's profile and get the URLs for all the other snake forums. Post a link to this thread in every one of them, with the question is there anyone closer to you. I totally don't like the idea of this snake dying!

Also, if the situation is this desperate, then I volunteer Kehhlyr for the job. Come into his chat room tonight, perhaps we can help you more there, face to face, and Kehhlyr may be able to show you how to assist feed your snake, right there on camera. (Check his signature for a link.)

Thank you, i missed the chat but i will post on the other forums. I really dont want him to die either

Kehhlyr: i will pm Saddleninja
thanks for your offer, if i ever do go down south your the first i will call!

HannahB: yea i tried leaving him in a tub with the pinkie, normal and brained and scented, nothing. Have ordered some reptoboost, waiting for it to come now

thanks everyone

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have my fingers crossed for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  12:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Leah. There are courriers who would ferry him for not too much money, I have recently had two snakes delivered to me from Scotland (I'm in London) and shipping cost a mere £20. If at any time you want to send this snake to any one of us, I suggest looking at the possiblity of using such a service. Kehhlyr will most probably be willing to have him and he's the better choice really, but if he can't and there is really no one else who feels they can handle it, then send this snake to me. I'm keeping one snake alive by assist feeding at the moment, could do two if necessary, just concerned about arranging a faun etc. for him, but possibly his equipment could be sent too for not too much money. If it comes to that I'm sure we can solve it somehow.

By the way, we are on Kehhlyr's chat most nights, so you can try again this evening.

Edited by - n/a on 12/11/2009 12:25:52
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  03:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Ok Leah. There are courriers who would ferry him for not too much money, I have recently had two snakes delivered to me from Scotland (I'm in London) and shipping cost a mere £20. If at any time you want to send this snake to any one of us, I suggest looking at the possiblity of using such a service. Kehhlyr will most probably be willing to have him and he's the better choice really, but if he can't and there is really no one else who feels they can handle it, then send this snake to me. I'm keeping one snake alive by assist feeding at the moment, could do two if necessary, just concerned about arranging a faun etc. for him, but possibly his equipment could be sent too for not too much money. If it comes to that I'm sure we can solve it somehow.

By the way, we are on Kehhlyr's chat most nights, so you can try again this evening.

Hawkeye - just wanted to say how great you are at finding out all this info for scorpioleah and for offering to help her. You know more than many of us what it is like to have a non-feeder and you also know not to give up hope. I am so glad you are here to give your advice and support.

Scorpioleah - I am so sorry nothing is working at the moment. The reptoboost will certainly help a bit...but I think Hawkeye's suggestion is the best....to get Ishan to someone who has the knowledge to get him eating. You and Ishan are in my thoughts.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  11:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hawkeye - just wanted to say how great you are at finding out all this info for scorpioleah and for offering to help her. You know more than many of us what it is like to have a non-feeder and you also know not to give up hope. I am so glad you are here to give your advice and support.

Thanks Kellog.

Off the thread topic: I've sent you an e-mail re something disrelated to snakes. Also, tried your msn as appears in your profile but got told no such msn address exists

Making a note of it here to reinforce that the e-mail is indeed from myself, check and we'll talk.

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  18:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have the same prob with my hatchling born 2nd september it is assist fed i had no experience i just wnnted to try n save the little one I only use half a pinkie n cut it into about 3 pieces then i gentley open its mouth with my nail and place a piece in then rub under its chin to encourage it to swallow it is very time consuming though i did find it easier after watching the videos sent to my thread hatchling falls over i blunted a cocktail stick and taped it to the table then gently opened his mouth and placed it over the stick to keep it open it made it easier to use the tweezers for feeding . i dont like doing it but i dont want to loose diesel cause he is very alert n a cute wee snake.good luck

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 14/11/2009 03:27:12
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  21:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont mind paying £20 for courier at all, it would be worth it

sorry i missed the chat again! (work rules my life!)

would anyone be willing to take on ishan for a while to get him eating, i would cover costs etc

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons

Edited by - n/a on 13/11/2009 21:12:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic