Regurg
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  09:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some advice, For the first four feeds after getting Rossi all all was well, but for the last three feeds she has been fed then regurged her mouse, I have changed her mice to smaller ones, she was onlyon smalls anyway, i have starved her for a week, she has been very active and out on the hunt all three times, i feed her after 7 days and come down in the morning to a slimey mouse...joy, I fed her yesterday morning and came down this morning to a foul smelling mouse, and a snake that looked very pleased with herself for leaving me such a nice deposit, she has been drinking and is active, she shows no sign of shedding and has not lost any weight, please could somone advise me on what i may be doing wrong. i defrost them naturally, warm them up and feed off a feeding tray, she grabs it and gives them a squeeze, then two minutes later the mouse has gone.????????

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  10:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If absolutely everything with Rossi's set-up and feeding routine is spot on , then repeated regurges may require a trip to the vet.

Is it at all possible that Rossi has ingested some substrate while feeding in the viv? this can cause impactions and isn't always avoided with the use of a tray or dish.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  11:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if theres nothing wrong with the set up then i agree with SB you may need to take a trip to either a herp vet or a reliable shop,
hope you find the reason why its happening soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  04:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am afraid I agree with SB and HannahB. If this was just a one off then maybe it would be nothing to worry about, but with it happening 3 times there is obviously something wrong.

Are the temps ok in her viv? A snake needs heat to digest its food so if the viv is on the cool side then that might be the problem. But if she has fed 4 times previously without a problem then that would indicate that everything was ok viv wise.

Is she pooing normally?

It is better to be safe than sorry....get her to a vet and make sure it is one that knows about snakes.

I do hope she is ok.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  10:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

I didnt mention that she wolfs the mouse down in her feeding bowl, which i supervise ( a mum thing ), she hasnt been for a poo for three weeks, she hasnt eaten anything to poo.

Is it worth trying her on even smaller mice like fuzzies and seeing if they stay down.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  11:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really would get the opinion of a herp vet, dont continue to feed her as you may just exacerbate an existing problem.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  19:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, I have just witnesses her trying to have a poo, and i am not snake expert but i know when something is constipated....and tips or should i just get her to the vet..a snake vet.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  19:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
warm bath might help with getting things moving - make sure its around 27' with a thermometer first though
but id take her to a herp vet about the constant regurgitation anyway just to get a proper opinion

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have given her a bath, which she did not like at the least, she was eager to get out of the water, the temp was spot on. I have checked her bottom ( anul passsage ) and it seems 'dirty' hopefully the bath may have softened any matter, we have worked it out that she had a mouse from a source not the one i usually use, this was the last mouse she sucessfully ate and kept down, i wonder if this might be a problem..i will take her to get checked out. She is my sons birthday gift,
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  21:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well I wish you and her all the best.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  04:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have made the right decision to get her to a vet. Make sure it is one that understands herps and also write down all the info you remember, including the fact about the last mouse she kept down coming from a different source. The more info the vet has the better.

Please keep us informed!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  09:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, at least this has made me overcome my fear of holding her, she is so fast.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000