the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I thought it might be a joke, but you can't take that kind of risk with GP - she'd eat you alive

what did i miss?? i've been ill this week and haven't even got to a computer for most of it...........

Sorry you've not been well GP - you on the mend now?? xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  13:39:34  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

what did i miss?? i've been ill this week and haven't even got to a computer for most of it...........

I thought you northerners were supposed to be tough. A bit of a cold and you're bed ridden .

Edited by - Paulusworm on 24/10/2009 13:40:27
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  14:21:56  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

To be a mod you need to go through the trials of death:

1. you need to be northern, which means you are hard anyway. Well my Dad comes from Yorkshire and my Mum from Northern Ireland, does that count?

2. if you are not northern you need to be mad (like Kehhlyr and Paulusworm) Not been diagnosed yet but I have a straight jacket ready.

3. You need to have sent a lifetime supply of Percy Pig sweets (from M&S) to me. (but I will take strawberry laces too) Ummm, bribery now is it, that can be arranged.

4. You must be stepped at least once (and like Kehhlyr says that might mean a kingering- which is nasty) Well I have the DVD Stomp the yard which includes Steppin (dancing), does that count?

5. You must also render yourself open to Kazerella slurring attacks at all times during you modship. I could do that but you might get them back, well...... we have to see who is truly harder and has the true Northern gene running throught them don't we?

6. You must have a www.thecornsnake.co.uk car sticker in your car OR have advertised one of our sites on the dark side and been banned for it's shameless promotion. Is this site worth it? Now that comment I just said has to be worth the naughty step

If you can't agree to any of the above terms, then you could try the boring route of impressing Lewy or Me or the other mods with your sharp knowledge, great concern for snake welfare, friendliness, and cool head when a argument breaks out.... but where's the fun in that? Yep! Definitely the boring route, would take far too long, I'm grouchy and would want to bust a chair across someone's chops if an argument broke out, lol. Besides I'm still on L plates when it comes to snakes.

Well done Hannah and Luke.Look forward to being modded by yaz, hope it's not painful.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Edited by - LittleMick on 24/10/2009 14:23:21
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  15:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, you don't get stepped for being from Bristol- that's a punishment in itself

i am loving that!
i am not proud to be Bristolian anymore i don't think lol

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  15:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know it's true Matty

I cant think of a good come back, im so dissapointed

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  21:34:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

Sorry you've not been well GP - you on the mend now?? xxx

yeah thanks hun i'm ok, just really tired still...

and PW, i still turned up for work when i had pneumonia last summer......how hard and northern is that??

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  23:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talk from experience GP - dont push yourself while you recover...its not worth it, rest until your body is telling you it is ok! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  06:56:27  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

...and PW, i still turned up for work when i had pneumonia last summer......how hard and northern is that??

Hard and northern? Nah. More like nieve and inconsiderate. Coughing veiny mucus everywhere and distracting collegues with your selfish gasping for breath/wheezing when they are trying to save the lives of the poor little bunny wabbits and doggies. See a southerner would have the common sense to stay at home so that Fido and Buggs can live to see another day .

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  09:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't bother moving up north Paulusworm - with that kind of shandy attitude you'd get booted out within a month anyway

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  11:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GINGERPONY - REST, REST, REST AND MORE REST!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THE MESSAGE!!!!!!!! XXX

Edited by - Kellog on 25/10/2009 11:12:31
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  15:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, northerners MUST be daft, how can you get pnunomia (sp?) in the summer, thought it was when your'e really cold???

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  17:33:39  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't bother moving up north Paulusworm - with that kind of shandy attitude you'd get booted out within a month anyway

That's decided then. I'm gonna get a job teaching at your school so that I can annoy you in person .

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  17:41:38  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Hmm, northerners MUST be daft, how can you get pnunomia (sp?) in the summer, thought it was when your'e really cold???

I think they still have smallpox up there too .

I hope you get over your "attack of the vapours" soon GP .

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  17:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO!!

Wouldn't suprise me though, with our shoddy weather. Up north must be like the antartic compared to down here lol ;)

Seriously though, I hope your'e alright GP.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  20:31:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks for all your kind comments (except PW ) i've got other stuff going on that means i'm soooooo tired lol, i just need to kick on and get done lol positive mental attitude and all that!

and pneumonia last summer was pretty horrible, it was the bacterial form that gets you when you're run down..........i obviously just work too damn hard!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  05:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

thanks for all your kind comments (except PW ) i've got other stuff going on that means i'm soooooo tired lol, i just need to kick on and get done lol positive mental attitude and all that!

and pneumonia last summer was pretty horrible, it was the bacterial form that gets you when you're run down..........i obviously just work too damn hard!

Do I need to keep repeating myself....dont kick on and get done until your body is ready!!! Please. I say it from experience. xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:28:57  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

That's decided then. I'm gonna get a job teaching at your school so that I can annoy you in person .

I don't think they run a course on how to stick pins in crickets!

....and as for annoying me - the kids in Barnsley already know how to do that anyway, and I'm used to them. You'll be arrested during the first term for bashing a couple of the cheeky monkeys.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  13:00:46  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

I don't think they run a course on how to stick pins in crickets!

....and as for annoying me - the kids in Barnsley already know how to do that anyway, and I'm used to them. You'll be arrested during the first term for bashing a couple of the cheeky monkeys.

They'd have to find the bodies and some evidence first. Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  13:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the good old fashioned lime and a deep hole method

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  15:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do the kids wind you up?

Could be a tactic worth exploiting
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page