Ugh what a day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  22:23:41  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have had a bad day today! Started off ok! Fixed my mates PS3 took it over to her and went to see "the step mother" for a while, and was going to stay for dinner when my dad got in. Well my sister who lives next door to my dad rung my mobile in a panic(she did not know I was round my dad's) Her husband was stuck in London and she had to go to work, so had no one to look after the kids, So I said I'd do it as it was only going to be for an hour or so till her husband got back. So that ws dinner at my dad's ruined!
One of the Boys was out One was staying round his mates so I only had 2 of them. Then I get a call, sisters husband now stuck in traffic jam cos of an accident! Well I knew my sister was going to be back at 9pm so it was no worry. My dad done me dinner and passed it over the fence bless him!
Few hours later I got a very panicked call from my eldest Nephew from his mates house. He had been followed round the village luckaly he ad the sence to run to a mates house. So I told him to wait there Id come and get him. So with the 2 remaining kids (one of whom freeks out if he has to go out in the dark since he got lost a few years ago) And my sister's big king staffy I went to get him.
When we got home, the one that is scared to go out is now in a state and im cuddaling him trying to calm him down, it did not help that he now thought someone was going to come and "get him"!! I also had to question My eldest nephew to see what happend and decide if it was a call to the police or not. I asked him if the man sped up his walking when he did and he said no, then i asked did he run when you did, again he said no. Then he said I think i might have just got paronoid as it was dark!! I think it was more I cant be bothered to walk home!! The police never got called, and I spent the next few hours trying to calm the youngest down!!
My sisters Husband finally came home and I explaned what had happend and why is youngest was in such a state, then made my way home, only to find the tunnel shut so thats a 20 minute detour, get to my road, one parking space but had a car so far up my bum I had to go round the block only to find it gone when I get back, so round the block again, and luckaly there was one. I did not notice steve walk up the road to meet me so he early got punched when I got out the car!! Well now Im home and Im hopeing thats it for today!!
Sorry for the rant, but kind of need to het it off my chest as Steve just thinks it funny!!

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  00:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While i can see how stressful your day has been, i can't help but see where your other half is coming from. It is rather amusing when you get to the end and you are almost punching him out.

It is great that everybody has come through the day unharmed, not so great that you have been in the centre of it though.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  04:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a day Paula...talk about stressful and scarey! Would hate to get a call from my daughter like that. Sorry its been so tough, but I do feel a bit sorry for Steve - although I do undertand your natural instinct to lash out! At least you didnt make contact!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  10:19:57  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Im just glad my nephew was ok and for once was truthfull when i got him home, I was ready to call the police and was glad i never as it would have been a complete wast of there time.
The bit steve thought was funny was the image of me 2 kids and a great big dog in the car! Charlie the dog dont do cars, so that was a mission in its self! I took the dog mainly for reasurance for the youngest. He kept saying waht if the man gets in tha car? I said he wont, Ill just run him over!
But like you said Bioshock we all got through the day un harmed which was good, and Kellog It was not steve who wanted to lash out I felt like punching him when he started laughing, he was lucky never lashed out! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  11:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realise it was Steve who nearly got punched when he laughed....its why I said I am glad you didnt make contact!!! You certainly did right thing, going to get your nephew, taking the other kids and the dog...you reacted in a way to keep everyone as safely as possible. I guess you just react on instinct. Am imagining you trying to driving along with panicing kids and great big dog who hates cars and you having to talk calmly about how you can drive over the bad man! Well done for being a great aunt! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  11:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What a day! Someone should explain to the older child the results of his action, mainly the effect on his younger brother . Also you say, "for once he told the truth" which signals to me either he's scared of what might happen if he does tell the truth, or something else wrong. If you want, the Hawk is willing to give some perspective on this from his own point of view, possibly when we get together on the chat or even over the phone. Sounds like your nephew feel secure with you or he wouldn't have come clean, so obviously you are doing the right thing, but other adults in his life may be responding differently?

Sending you a big hug and I hope today is going smoothly!

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  12:40:38  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I came across wrong when I said for once he told the truth, He is just a typicla kid and its usually "I never done it" when you know he did! I think he realised how worried I was so told me the truth. It was dark and it was probably just a csae the man came out the ally headding to the shop and it freeked him out a bit. Im just glad he has the sence in him to go to the nearest palce he knows is safe, in this case his friends house.
He recently skipped school for the first time ever and his mum went mad! So I do have my doubt as to if it was a case of I cant be bothered to walk home, or if he was freeked out. At te end of the day though I was not going to take ANY chances, even though it ment upsetting the younger one for the sake of the eldest's safty.
As for telling the truth to me all the kids talk to me, as I come down to there level always have done.
Oh Kellog as for me being a great aunt, I just done what anyone would have done! I think they like me looking after them as I let them get away with alot!! Staying up late, playing on the computers before bed ect. I do it as it makes it easier to make "deals" with them. Ill let them play the computers if they promise it goes off at say 9pm and they go to bed before 10 pm. Always works and saves all the upset and shouting at the end of the day!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  14:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ok, Paula, totally understood. Come to the chat tonight anyhoooo, we been missing you!

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  17:52:52  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have ben missed?? Really? Owwww how sweet lol. What time you all congrigating there then and ill be there!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  18:12:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll probably be getting there at my usual time of about 10pm (ish).
Probably be there for a good couple hours as well.

You missed a brilliant life in cold blood a few days ago, it was the snake one.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  18:57:24  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh what!!! I missed it! I did keep poping in but no one was there, thought you had all had enough of chatting!! Ill be there tonight as Steve and his mate are having a nitendo wii night again!
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  22:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh what an awful day- scary stuff!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  22:45:18  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I'll probably be getting there at my usual time of about 10pm (ish).
Probably be there for a good couple hours as well.

You missed a brilliant life in cold blood a few days ago, it was the snake one.

Well Im there but no one else is Can you not tell the time or are you being fashonably late?
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  23:07:16  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am fashionably late.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  03:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just finished chatting and it has just gone 3.30 in morning!!! Early hours club is best time for chat. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  11:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Well Im there but no one else is Can you not tell the time or are you being fashonably late?

I came in some time after 1am and found it active. Later on two others joined in. Left sometime after 3am. As usual, enjoyed the light banter and got some valuable snake advice.

Nearly phoned you to say where are you, then saw the time and thought better of it, lol!

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  11:43:08  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh god no If our phone rings after 10pm we automaticly panic! I have not been staying to late in there as I have been having to many late nights early mornings and its making me no functional!! Ill be in again tonigh no doubt, hopefully ill catch you in there!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  11:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow thats a stressful day..and i thought me holding the door to the mens toilet open and having to look at em all queuing to make sure they werent smoking was bad!!

glad nothing serious happened with your nephew and the stranger..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000