Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 So, how are your snakes doing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  10:46:30  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
At the moment Dimika is 5 months old, eating one pinkie, then two, then one; moving onto fuzzies soon, and is drinking regularly. He is 14" long, and growing. I've been dipping half the pinky in cali-dust every feed, and it seems to be helping with growth and activity ect. He's handling well and seems less nervous. I think he prefers the warm end to the cold, as he never chooses his cool den;- love to the coconut All in all, I'm really happy with his progress. How are all your babies doing?

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  11:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one doesnt eat, one brings the food up, one eats like theres no tomorrow and the other is a bit fussy with his food

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  11:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both of mine are voracious monsters - they're both blue at the moment but gobbled up their last feeds like they'd not been fed for months. Greedy buggers! I'm actually concerned that Bella is getting a bit plump - she's on two fuzzies every six days...

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  11:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A chance to gush about my babies :) YEY :)

Oscar is 5 months and is already on fuzzies cause he's a fat boy >_< We've had him for nearly 2 months and he's had a perfecr shed. He's always out and about climbing up and over his log and up the side of the tank. Right now he's having a sleep whilst hanging off his log :)

Lily is a year old and we've only have her a couple of weeks. We didn't mean to get a new snake but when we went in the shop to get Oscar's food she was out being cleaned and I fell in love. We got told she was a butter motley but when I went to pick her up we found out she's actually an amber motley...either way she' stunning :) Right now she's had a massive poo and I'm not looking forward to cleaning it up in a few mins >_<

They both feed perfect and I love them lots :)
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  11:25:32  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aw thats great Lee :) Wow Solid, it seems you have some problems, I hope they're cleared up soon. Hmm, I try to alternate between one pinky then two, maybe you could do that with Bella?

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  11:26:36  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
With fuzzies though, obviously.

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an idea. Like it!

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sid is doing well. I got her at the June Doncaster Show, she's 2 years old and has currently had 2 sheds. She started out on pinkies, then went up to fuzzies, then small mice, she took a small mouse and a medium mouse on Thursday so will be upping her feed to medium mice as this is the first time I have actually seen any lump after feeding her.

She spends most of her time at the cool end of the viv and loves to bury under the aspen bedding. Although I have a couple of branches in her viv she's never used them while I have been looking.

She's currently up to 154g and was 64cm the last time I measured her. I only measure her after each shed but might start making this a regular thing (might do it the same time I am weighing her).

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mushu has stopped trying to eat me at last, and last night I caught her climbing on her branches and vines for the first time! I was beginning to think they were a waste of money!!

Casper has moved onto xl mice and is doing very well on them, despite eating the first one backwards (quite amusing). atm he weighs 742 grams, and is looking really good.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

Both of mine are voracious monsters - they're both blue at the moment but gobbled up their last feeds like they'd not been fed for months. Greedy buggers! I'm actually concerned that Bella is getting a bit plump - she's on two fuzzies every six days...

if shes on two fuzzies maybe make the gap between feeding slightly longer

my little guys and gals are all doing well..Mont and Lucien are growing nicely - Monts on fuzzys and Lucien soon will be
and our 4 little uns are doing ok.. 3 are all feeding well and shedding just fine but still waiting for one to get hungry..but she will get there soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 05/10/2009 13:15:03
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lilpunk, sounds like Dimika is doing great!

Our two are so placid! Great feeders, shedders and great to handle! They get a bit more time out than they're meant to because they both seem to love being handled! Hopefully have them out again tonight now they've had a 2 day break following feeds! We can't believe how good they are!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/

Edited by - kizzig on 05/10/2009 18:20:18
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  13:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, baby Shen is still on those tails, hopefully by next week he'll start feeding like a normal human being snake. A new baby snake is about to join us later this week -- watch this space!
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  14:36:31  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's great to hear that your snakes are doing so well, and don't worry Kizzig, Dimika comes out more often than not as well. As long as they like it, I don't think it matters ;D

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  16:46:29  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bilbo is just under 5 months now and is doing very well even after hes 8 day holiday out of the viv. he has only had one shed so far. he is on 2 large pinkies for now i will be moving him up soon. he seems to be happy and dont mind being held.

lizzie is just under 3 months now and is also feeding very well on 1 large pinkie theres been no shed yet from here. she is getting alot better when holding her and has slowed down alot.

when the light drops they are both out and about in there vivs having a good look around bilbo seems to like hes hide in the cool end and lizzie uses them all.

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

184 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  18:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rizzie is about 5mths now and if finally eating, although it has to be scented. As she has just started to eat properly I can now start handling her. Dezzie loves his food and everyone elses(he use to get Rizzies leftovers) but a bit nippy at times, not sure how old he is tho.

1.0.0 Amel stripe(Dezzi)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Rizzie)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Hotaru)
2.2.0 western hognose (Huff and Puff)(Missy and Pharoh)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  21:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog is nearly 5 I would guess. We got him back in April and since then he has been on a 13 week fast and had mites, so it has been a sharp learning curve. Before the mite incident he used to be out and about a lot during the day but not much at night. Now he seems to hide away most of the time. Am getting him out to handle him regularly and he is gorgeous!! So hard to put him back in viv, especially when he doesnt want to go! He is on 1 large mouse every 10 days and eats well - poos regularly, usually when I am handling. Cant imagine life without him! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  23:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are doing great as well, they are both just under 3 months old and both happily eating 2 pinkies per feed. I am going to see how they are feeding in 6 feeds time and then see if they are ready to move up to fuzzies.

They both love to be handled and always try to riggle back up my arm when i am putting them back into their vivs.
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  02:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Baron is about 3ft long now and still grumpy most of the time... he is looking incredible tho and eating like there is no tomorrow.
Arminia is the tamest of the lot and coming u for 2.5-3ft long... her colours seem to get more vibrant with every shed. But she sheds badly every time, never complete (it all comes off just in very small pieces)
Poirot is growig nicely but very shy still.
Cleopatra went through a bullimic phase but luckily she is over that and im now trying to get her to a reasonable size for a snake of her age.
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  20:29:53  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great to hear ^^ Just fed Dimi two small pinkies and tried to get him to constrict, which was a fail in itself. He let me vibrate the prey and didn't do anything except sit there, so I let him have it lol.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  21:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear Dimi took the two pinkies - he is obviously ready for more food. I cant believe the 'pinkie dance' didnt impress him! You must have been doing it wrong!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  16:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's so easy for the Pinkie dance to become a Pinkie Jig. Very little between them, only snakes seem to notice the difference and as such will not eat anything that is doing a jig. :D

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000