Back from Oktoberfest!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CAL
Hatchling

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Visit CAL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm just back from Oktoberfest in Munich and have had a great time.

We had to go for four nights as that was the minimum accomodation we could get at a hostel but it was really worth it and meant we got to spend a lot of time sight seeing as well as experiencing the Oktoberfest. The BMW factory was awesome and Dachau was very sobering but we felt we had to see it whilst we were there.

Oktoberfest was a really friendly experience. To be able to get in a 'tent' with 10,000 other people singing and dancing and not have any trouble or agro was really refreshing, what a way to celebrate my 30th.

0.0.1 Cornsnake: Monty, 10 years old, 5ft 3".

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  03:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I am a newbie so this is going to sound like a really stupid question but what is Oktoberfest? Assumed it was a reptile show, but then you went on to talk about singing and dancing..... xxx

Go to Top of Page

CAL
Hatchling

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  22:32:34  Show Profile  Visit CAL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its a beer festival that takes every year in Munich. Its being going for well over 100 years and was originally instigated to celebrate a royal wedding.

0.0.1 Cornsnake: Monty, 10 years old, 5ft 3".
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  08:05:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
V. jealous . We're planning to go when the kids are old enough to either come with us or stay at home while mummy and daddy get ratted. It looks like an absolute scream .

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  11:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beer festival - now that makes sense!! xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: