Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  00:34:55  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anyone heard bout this? my boss told me about it today saying every 1 fish that servives 20 die. just been reading bout it on a website, apparently it doesnt stress the fish but i asume they have to take the fish out of water which would be stressful?
i personally think its mean, i dunno what people will think of next, maybe they will start piercin cats and dogs

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  00:41:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Think their winding you up

Go to Top of Page

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  00:53:07  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
seems to be quite alot about it on the internet, they must have gone to a lot of trouble just to wind me up then

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  04:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant believe it is true...if it is then it is sick! xxxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

102 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  09:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=850

HOW SICK

1 Corn snake
8 Chickens
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  10:58:15  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah i worked at a pet shop that refused to deal with these fish. its the same with the tropical fish that got died to have some bold colours in them, its exactly the same but more humane ... APPARENTLY!

i just think its sick!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  11:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The world has gone mad, that is sick.
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  13:28:31  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It has been hapaning for years, and I think it is sick. Makes me wonder if it kills so many fish why have no animal authoritys steped in to stop it??
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  13:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
omg thats awful.. i mean i know people tattoo dogs as a form of identity if they go missing (just a few numbrs and a letter on the ear or insife of the leg) but why tattoo fish?? thats just stupid - they arent going to go missing - there are plenty of lovely patterns on fish already so why edit what nature has already made???

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  18:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so so so wrong

1 x Cornsnake (Cornflake)
1 x Boxer Dog (Stumpi)
Regards Chris & Cornflake
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  05:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still cant believe this is true.... xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  11:31:15  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My dog wasn't too impressed when we took him for his prince albert .

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  17:31:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

My dog wasn't too impressed when we took him for his prince albert .

Genuine LOL for that.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  23:28:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by misstwinkle

seems to be quite alot about it on the internet, they must have gone to a lot of trouble just to wind me up then

when you said "tattooing" i thought you meant with a normal tatto gun

Go to Top of Page

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  23:41:52  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i work next door to a tattooist and when i first heard about it i couldnt help but think about mark tattooin skull and cross bones on a fish lol

Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2009 :  19:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found these on google , sad lol

http://yfrog.com/2ha4p8991caup11bccaf7o9twj

http://yfrog.com/0ta8is26kcanrnu9fcaszznr2j

http://yfrog.com/18a68xyvdcad6hmvicay29wiuj

http://yfrog.com/18abu1nkicahxsrh5ca2n54p2ej

http://yfrog.com/43au34rcmcabo4ww1ca54diwyj

oh!! + look at this one i feel sorry for it (even though changing the subject a bit)
http://yfrog.com/2havjz9gjcapgwtmwcahr06snj

Sorry there in links wouldn`t let me put in them in photos. When i was reading about it apperently there are hopefully going to be laws agaisnt tatooing fish
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  04:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before I say anything I am not going off on a christian rant - but why does man have to mess with the amazing creatures that God has made (or whoever/whatever you believe created life)! There are so many bizarre and beautiful creatures out there that have evolved naturally (but brain fog is stopping me from naming any - how frustrating), but 'we' have to mess about and make them 'better' or 'brighter'. I know sometimes there are necessary reasons for certain breedings, but something like this tatooing just makes my blood boil! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  12:09:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Before I say anything I am not going off on a christian rant - but why does man have to mess with the amazing creatures that God has made (or whoever/whatever you believe created life)! There are so many bizarre and beautiful creatures out there that have evolved naturally (but brain fog is stopping me from naming any - how frustrating), but 'we' have to mess about and make them 'better' or 'brighter'. I know sometimes there are necessary reasons for certain breedings, but something like this tatooing just makes my blood boil! xxx

I quite agree. Selective breeding for a certain characteristic is one thing but this is a step too far.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  19:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its been happening in the Show Koi world for years. Its big business and Koi fetch big money if they have what is regarded as a perfect pattern for their type! If a fish is close to perfect the temptation is there to tweek it by any means to make it perfect and command a high price. Some fish change hands for multiples of thousands of pounds.....personaly I thinks its daft but like any animal thats "shown" people will cheat to win.............bonkers.......

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  20:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just think its mad and cruel , and i think it should stop.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2009 :  01:35:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

....Selective breeding for a certain characteristic is one thing but this is a step too far.

Agreed,
Selective breeding can bring in lovely results, with tampering with the animals. All the Corn morphs we have today are through selective breeding and so are Toyger cats.

Selective breeding can quite often bring in much better and longer living specimens as well, much better for people than modified creatures.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000