just a small concern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  14:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, ive finally managed to get back home to pick up Riff Raff. She's feeding fine and everything. but ive given her a thorough check and one of her big nose scales is half missing...
she seems ok. she's def not her usual active self but seems ok. the only things im concerned about is the missing nose scale and the fact that she has gone for so long without her heat mat on. will the sustained cold have any prolonged effects?
i cant wait to get her back to my home in Manchester. im worried about the lack of warmth. she just seems a bit dull, in colour and personality. is this anything to be worried about?

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  19:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i personnaly dont know , sorry im no super expert , but what i do know , is that that is not a good sighn , and a sigh of to much / lack of humidity.

megxx

http://yfrog.com/6910016972j
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  21:34:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Without heat for a fair while will make the snake more docile, and less active.
How long has it been without heat?
It may be worth warming up gradually, i.e starting the stat on 18-20, then in 1-2 degree increments over a 7 day+ length of time. Similar to when coming out of the brumating period.

The scale missing from the nostril could be caused by several things, most often it's caused by harsh rubbing when trying to shed, or escape.

Is it raw/red where the scale is missing, or does it look like it happened ages ago??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2009 :  02:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog has always looked as though one of his nose scales is missing since we got him. I have always thought it was due to nose rubbing against the edge of the glass sliding door to escape (we have covered that with a paper binder to soften it). It looks totally healed and you would hardly notice it without looking closely.
Sounds life RiffRaff needs to get back to his normal setup as soon as possible. Was he due a shed while he was missing? You dont know what he might have rubbed against.
Hope he is ok. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  17:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and Riff Raff have finally arrived home and i finally have my little family back together again :) She seems ok and not too bothered by the journey. Got her straight into her new viv and as suggested by Kehhlyr have started the stat on 20and will gradually increase this over the next few days. She's settling in nicely after a quick explore. So i will leave her to it for a few days until she has settled in again. Upon closer inspection it looks as if the scale is healed and doesnt seem to be causing her too much trouble so ill keep an eye on it but am not to concerned for the meantime.
Its sooo nice to finally have her home and for that horrible ordeal to officially be over. Also i returned home to find that Cherry has shed another perfect shed and is now two and half feet long. she looks all beautiful and shiny and new :) This is one happy snake mummy! :D

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  18:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're so pleased to hear Riff Raff is home safe and sound! Glad she seems to be settling back into her home!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  18:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad your lil snakeys are all back at home
im sure riff raff will perk up again and be back to normal soon
and dont forget to post piccies of cherry looking all shiney

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  18:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad everyone is settled in okay. I bet she'll be okay. The poor thing is probably just knackered from the whole ordeal. I'd imagine they are quite hardy creatures.

1 Corn Snake (EDDIE)
2 Rats (PINK & STINK)
1 Cat (BINX)
1 Budgie (MOLLY)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  04:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can just imagine how good it feels standing looking at 3 vivs, each with a happy snake in it. I am sure at times you never thought you would get to this point. You are definitely a very proud snake mummy! xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000