New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  23:33:28  Show Profile
Guys, i just wanted to comment, how i feel about some people
I did NOT say i was going to do a live feed. I simply stated its something i'd like to see and people jumped the Gun at me and i thought 'Who the Hell are you telling me what i can and cant do.
I know people posted Vid's and Pic's about the damage it can cause.. but hey? Its just a picture 1 PICTURE I SEEN.'
Fair enough it might be a risk, but isnt your whole life a risk? We all take Risks in different circumstances
So for the people who said harsh things about it, id like an apology, EVERYONE on here has their own views on thing and express them differently, i would NEVER raise my voice or type harsh words to anyone who i thought was in the wrong because ya know what... Everyone is different, let people learn and accept the consiquences with their mistakes.. i was FURIOUS and what some people said, no1 on here is an expert, And who the hell are all you to say things like that when i was suggesting something i would LIKE to see, now a 'I will do it 100%' thing

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:03:25  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
im sorry you feel that way mate. and im afraid to say some people on here are experts. it isnt the fact you said that a snake killing prey is something you would like to see becoz i agreed it something i would love to see also. but its the fact you had the audasity to say you say you didnt care about the risks and u just wanted to see it. the phrase that springs to mind is "risk or no risk" i mean how selfish can u be.

i agree it was a topic that got out of hand and some will because at the end of it mate and that includes your comments but you need to realise that people on here, including myself, dont really care about what you would like to see or do but care about snakes and their welfare!

i doubt u will get many apologies but i will be apologise for the fact that we put our valid points accross and if you didnt like it. although that aint our fault. i hope you realise what has happened and take it on the chin.

if you seriously didnt think you would get the response you did then maybe think before posting
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:15:51  Show Profile
Take it on the chin? I dont give a diddly-do whos been keeping snakes for god knows how long, its NO excuse for people to shout and snap their fingers saying DONT DO THIS, DONT DO THAT. Its like the Topic me and Matty had a while ago about Thermostats
He was basically saying i NEED one and that id be a bad Keeper if i didnt get one. Now when i was told by the Shop that i didnt need one. Matty said 'Theyre wrong' if i choose to take advice from people i know only by a keyboard who have been keeping.. ok 6-7-8-10yrs or from someone who has kept Reptiles for over 22yrs.. i think i know whos advice im taking. Basically, if someone who was in there 20's said to you, you need this n that ive been keeping snakes fomr 10yrs. Or your pet shop owner who has kept for over 20yrs.. whos advice would you take?

And yes i feel that people got WAY outa contro, no excuse to shout at people and say your wrong you snake will die, get hurt and you'll be sorry etc... I couldnt give a monkey what people on here said, no1 on here is an Expert, how can they call themselves experts? Becuase they give orders to people and say 'Do this do that?' Dont think so

*mod edit* - Language

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 08/09/2009 09:04:37
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:18:54  Show Profile
And i thought this was a Forum where people can discuss and trade advice etc, all ive seen so far is Moderators and such ordering people around if there saying something thats wrong or they dont agree with.. sad really, but hey you all know best right!?

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  01:23:27  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Dude...just drop it and chill, there's alot of people here that still know more than you do, that's what it boils down to.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:37:05  Show Profile
I am sorry you have become so irrate about the way you have been treated Sparrowhawk. The subject of live feeds is a very touchy subject, as you gathered from majority of the responses. I think that the replies got more and more forceful when you continued to comment about how you would want to do it for entertainment, no matter what might happen to your snake. You may not have said you were definitely going to do it, but it was your reasons for saying you might do it that caused people to get upset. Of course I would love to see my snake feed live but I know and accept that it is something that can never happen, and I can see it in many different ways at zoos, on tv, you-tube etc.
When you raise a topic such as this within a community such as ours you must expect the response you got and the feelings that came with it. I hope that every time I have commented I have done so with respect to you and with only the intent of the interest of your snake at heart. You have had replies from people I would regard as experts - snake owners with many years of experience (none of whom would feel they know everything and have nothing more to learn) and they may sometimes have differing opinions between themselves on certain subjects, but on this they all agreed.
Maybe you need to look at the way you put across your opinion to understand why you got the reaction you got. I am sorry if it upset you. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:37:16  Show Profile
yeah people on here might no more than him and i will be the first one to tell you im kinda learning as i go (and i reseached for 5 months ) but that is no reason to boss him around they should say you might do this it makes things easyer/better this is a place to get help not to made feel stupid
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:52:15  Show Profile
I must admit to following the thread in question and cant say that I felt any of the comments could be taken as being bossed around and told what to do - this is a place to give your opinion and that was done, then when the response seemed to be at a detriment to the snake (whether this was going to happen or not is hypothetical) people got more heated as we dont own our snakes for our own entertainment. Maybe you could be more specific to where you feel he was made to feel stupid and was bossed around?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:58:48  Show Profile
Great minds think alike Kellog i just read through it to was going to say the same thing.

Anyway i think that everyone should chill out now. Everyone has had there say End of enough said !!

1 x Cornsnake (Cornflake)
1 x Boxer Dog (Stumpi)
Regards Chris & Cornflake
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  07:30:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

And i thought this was a Forum where people can discuss and trade advice etc, all ive seen so far is Moderators and such ordering people around if there saying something thats wrong or they dont agree with.. sad really, but hey you all know best right!?

iv been here since june and iv never seen the mods or other super experienced people ever order people about..they advise people not to do things when it is not in the best interests of the snake and if its their opinion..after all its only voluntary advice that they are giving you - no one has said you have to follow it..

yeah we all do take risks..waking up and going to work is a huge risk for me when im travelling down the ring road at 40mph on a little moped/scooter when im surrounded by big lorries but its a risk i have to take because otherwise i struggle to get to work...if i could get there another way i would as i dont like the idea that one may not see me properly and i could come off a lot worse than they would..

you say that you would never raise your voice or type harsh words to anyone who you thought was in the wrong but forgive me if im wrong but swearing and putting words in capitals looks like that to me..

referring to something you said about listening to the shopkeeper or advice from here over thermostats and whether they are necessary, i bought a lucky reptile heat mat the other day for the new snakes and decided to read the instructions...to me surprise/horror it said not to put it on the floor or under the faun but to put it on the roof or side as 'snakes get most of their heat from the sunshine and the air around them,they dont naturally burrow for heat'... now im sorry but id rather listen to people on here who know that in captivity putting the heat mat under the faun/substrate is the best thing for them than the company making the equipment...

sorry its an essay and if iv offended you in any way then i apolagise now but i hope you understand that what gets said on forums of any sort can be misconstrued as tone of voice ect cannot be replicated on here (hope that makes sense!) and people do take things that are said the wrong way when no offence was meant...

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  08:39:44  Show Profile
I doubt you will get many apologies mate, and you certainly arent getting one from me because i feel I have nothing to apologise for. your controversial views were sure to generate some strong opinions, and thats exactly what you got, but they were in no way invalid or untruthful. the truth hurts, obviously.

yes, life is full of risks, but it is your life and your life only you should be risking, not that of your pets. after all, I take risks going driving on the back roads up here, but I dont speed or drive badly and put other people in danger.

mods and admins dont get appointed as such without good reason, they are VERY good at what they do, and like it or not, they do actually know a thing or two. its a shame you cant accept their guidance, you might learn something from them. I have. and if you dont give a baked bean tin what anyone on here says, why get so mardy in the first place?

and I'm sorry you have been led to believe you dont require a thermostat, but you do. the pixies arent going to stop your snake from cooking. I really feel sorry for it.

*mod edit* - language

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 08/09/2009 09:07:01
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:09:01  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Neither MODS, nor Admins have ever bossed anyone around, fortunately we ALL deal in FACTS.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 08/09/2009 09:09:16
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:19:06  Show Profile
sorry kehhlyr, was just quoting! but baked bean tin does sound much better

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:38:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

sorry kehhlyr, was just quoting! but baked bean tin does sound much better

That reminds me of the time one of my friends was saying desperately to her five years old, who had been listening in on a conversation: "Duck! Mummy said DUCK!!"

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:53:54  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
mmm. i feel extremely sorry for you snake. And I think I agree with others when I say good luck in getting any apologias from people. Especially me.

If you think the mods and admins on here are so useless, and if you want to insult people like we're all idiots, then I don't think anyone will miss you...

Right. That's all I'm saying. End of.

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:29:14  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:31:42  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage
As far as I'm aware no one has forced you to join this forum?
You asked for the opinion of a community of snake owners and experts who love their pets and they gave you their honest opinion.
I doubt you will find any apologies for that?
As for the language you have been using please remember there are children as young as 13 using this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
its NO excuse for people to shout and snap their fingers saying DONT DO THIS, DONT DO THAT.

Its the internet people don't shout and snap... they type?

I suggest we stop feeding this troll as it appears the only reason the OP has created this topic is to start an argument, again.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura

Edited by - lucifer on 08/09/2009 10:45:26
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:56:31  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
hear hear lucifer.

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:00:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Sparrowhawk, i'm sorry you won't listen to advice and i do think you've started this thread to pick another fight, that's why i'm locking this one, i can't really see anything productive coming from it staying open.

if you would like to take any issues up with me personally and privately please feel free to email me on itsGP@hotmail.com

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 08/09/2009 11:09:28
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:41:35  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Thanks GP and Kehhlyr! Editing the swearing and locking another argument thread is proof enough for me that the mods are doing a brilliant job!

Sparrowhawk- I'm sorry you have taken offense, but please no swearing on the forum. Like Lucifer says there are children on here.

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  13:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
Just a quick note to point out that I have noticed there are a lot of arguments braking out on the forum. I believe the mods are doing a wonderful job given the circumstances.

A thread that started out as a question about breeding mice turned into a riot about feeding live for entertainment. I can completely understand why it (and this topic) was locked.

I know you have been on the forum a while sparrowhawk, so you should realise I won't tolerate your use of language on the forum. Plus we do not want arguments here!

Please Read the forum guidelines:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4941

I'm not saying don't debate about such things, but I believe all the posters to the original topic also had a valid point. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I don't believe an apology is in order! People gave their valid reasons and you continued to try and provoke a reaction and it seems like you wish to continue to try and provoke a reaction by posting this thread!

If you wish to contact me about any concerns or to explain just who you'd like an apology from, please feel free to email me at lewy@thecornsnake.co.uk This is recommended for anyone who has a problem on our forums or with other members at any time or on any subject. It is the best way to deal with problems and situations without a public rant ensuing, as I like to think I am a fair and tolerate Administrator.

Note for all users: I want point out that if anyone on the forums starts a new thread to finish an argument that was locked (for good reason by our moderators) or uses language like this again, their profile will be locked and they will be asked to leave.

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000