New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  16:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a good weight for this age?

Btw, it's now 22 days since he last agreed to swallow a pinkie.

Left him in the feeding box with pinkie overnight. He never went near it, but he pooped. Was weighed before.

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  17:32:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bit on the light side.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  18:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Bit on the light side.

Feared as much. Last pinkie offered was really warm, having been out of freezer for nearly three hours and then dipped in warm water (while inside a sandwich bag) for over ten minutes. Also brained.

Plan is to offer next pinkie inside viv on a little plastic plate, to save having to move him out of viv. Not sure what else to do and starting to really worry because on the 10th I have to go away for twelve days and Real Hawk will have to deal with it on his own. I so wish Shen would take just the one pinkie!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  18:27:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how big is the viv you have him in?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  18:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

In cm: 32.5x22.5x18.5
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  18:41:04  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

In cm: 32.5x22.5x18.5

If you can get him in something really small that may help. I use cricket tubs for my hatchlings, or you can get small boxes from asda with clip shut lids (you'll need to melt or drill some vent holes in these).
once he's in a smaller tub, cover him up and only disturb him for cleaning/feeding/water changes.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  01:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I knew more about hatchlings so I could offer you some advice Hawkeye. I hope Shen feeds before you go away. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

89 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  08:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the clip tubs you get from asda (with lots of holes drilled in). They are clear so you can watch from a distance without disturbing the snake.

Hope he feeds soon!

1 Hypo Corn - Slinky
1 Leopard Gecko - Leo
1 White Boxer - Floyd
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  08:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Other than not eating everything looks normal: restful when he's meant to be, active when he's meant to be.

But now his colour seems to have changed: last night I thought I saw grey patches. Pre-shed or alarm bells?
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what colour/morph is he normally? has he shed yet since you got him, and if so, does this colour change look similar?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

what colour/morph is he normally? Snow

has he shed yet since you got him? No.

We brought him home 19 Aug. No shed since, no food either. One poop a couple of days ago.

Tried to take another look earlier this evening but couldn't see all of him and couldn't find the grey I thought I saw yesterday, but that is meaningless because he was mostly curled up over something in the warm end, and then decided to go over to the cool end -- through the back of the viv, which is out of sight.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  04:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance of pics of suspect grey colour? Then maybe the 'experts' (or shouldnt I use that expression ) can give you more advice. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Any chance of pics of suspect grey colour? Then maybe the 'experts' (or shouldnt I use that expression ) can give you more advice. xxx

It's a very specific photo I'd have to take, and he's not so easy to photograph because the only access for the camera is through the front of the viv (the other sides are blocked), he tends to be out of sight during daylight, and even when I get to see him at dusk onwards, he is in motion and it disappears quickly.

The grey spot is very small so I'd not only have to get a photo of the snake but of that specific spot

What is Snake-language for "I'm trying to take your pic, will you stay still for a moment"

P.S. Experts is a good word, but if we need to be politically correct from now on, then in the context of the forum how about "people who have a great deal of knowledge about snakes and lots of experience dealing with a vast array of snake problems and issues, and who are kind and patient enough to help and encourage all newcomers to these forums even when the question was asked a few dozen times before" ? I suppose we can always abbreviate it for the sake of expediencey: pwhgdksledwvaspikphenfqafdrb. There.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think you need to abbreviate the abbreviation Hawkey! I just call them 'veterans', more to wind them up than cos I dont know what else to call them! Lol! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Think you need to abbreviate the abbreviation Hawkey! I just call them 'veterans', more to wind them up than cos I dont know what else to call them! Lol! xxx

How about Elders of the Tribe?

Dunno about abbreviating the abbreviation. Possibly we need to see what the pwhgdksledwvaspikphenfqafdrb's have to say about it, no?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

quote:

How about Elders of the Tribe?

Dunno about abbreviating the abbreviation. Possibly we need to see what the pwhgdksledwvaspikphenfqafdrb's have to say about it, no?

Well I guess they are the Elders of the Tribe so it should be their decision (as long as they are not telling us what to do and bullying us about their name ).

Edited by - Kellog on 08/09/2009 19:53:03
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:42:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
definitely go with a smaller tub, i used live-food tubs or the plastic tubs from chinese takeaways (cleaned!!!) for my hatchies

try leaving him overnight with the pinkie in a VERY small container........ like the polystyrene tubs that chippies put mushy peas in (NOT curry sauce, you'll never get rid of the smell!!)

then there's scenting that you could try - gerbil, lizard, frog, snail, anything's worth a go!

i'd try and get him on something like Reptoboost in the meantime, you add it to their water to pep them up, if you'd like me to post you some out just email me on itsGP@hotmail.com

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  15:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i'd try and get him on something like Reptoboost in the meantime, you add it to their water to pep them up, if you'd like me to post you some out just email me on itsGP@hotmail.com

Wonderful!! Consider yourself kissed warmly on both cheeks

Have just sent you an e-mail.

MANY thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000