Tank Size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  16:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heya i know alot about animals, i think my snake just over a year old and if growing quiet alot now, just wondered what age he should go in full size viv, i know they are scared large places but i just feel his enclosure is small really.
my snake eats fuzzies is this ok or should it still be on pinkies?

Corn snake (Menga)
leopard gecko (smudge)
selling all snails i currently own =[

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  16:59:23  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The rule of thumb is the length + depth of the tank = snake length. As for being of fuzzys, that really depends on the size of the snake, The prey item should be no more that 1 1/2 times the largest part of the snake. If you see no bump after feeding then move up a size!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  17:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your snake is just over a year old he should be ok to go in a full size viv as long as you pack it out with hides and plants. As for the food it depends on his weight but at a year old he shouldn`t be on pinkies. What does he weigh?
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  18:52:08  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
at a year i would imagine it would take small mice,but it depends on the girth of the snake.You should be aiming for prey the same thickness of the thickest part of the snake.

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  19:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

at a year i would imagine it would take small mice,but it depends on the girth of the snake.You should be aiming for prey the same thickness of the thickest part of the snake.

I agree Lee thats why i asked the weight of the snake incase it is a small snake
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  21:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he takes fuzzies fine, ill start looking for a new tank, never weighed him to be honest, he quiet large and grumpy at the moment shedding. will weight him after shed, i think he would be happier in larger tank he is very interested in new things, and loves his coconut shame he will grow out of it though :( thanks for all the great advice :-)

Corn snake (Menga)
leopard gecko (smudge)
selling all snails i currently own =[
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000