Viv lid lock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  19:43:31  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wondering if anyone knows what kind of lock I can use on this kind of lid? http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/vivariums-416/vivarium-lids-573/cle****al-vivarium-lids-12309.html

The glass only slides one way out of it, But at the moment I have brown tape stick across the front to Stop Bam opening it, but it looks horrible! As he is going to be in his current viv for quite some time yet, I dont want the brown tape on it, but cant afford to buy a diffrent viv either, and dont see the point when the one he is in is fine apart from that lid!!!! Any ideas?

Oh and I dont want to use th wedges you can get as this will cause the glass to lift enough for Bam to get through!

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have used a plastic paper binder to seal gap between our two glass sliding doors. Stops Kellog rubbing his nose up and down the gap trying to squeeze through, the result of which was a sore nose! Not sure if it helps at all in your case but I guess any suggestions may help. Maybe a pic would help? xxx

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:07:00  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?cPath=12_44&products_id=3717&osCsid=dda9dda38caa9de28f5c5af889017065
Thats the viv, but it does not have the doors on the front, its the top glas in the middle that slides out, Ill try and get some close up shots of mine tommrrow if you need more detail of it!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant think of anything that might work but will ask OH, he's a builder and good at working out how to put things together. Is hoping to build next viv for Kellog. xxx

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:29:53  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

We have used a plastic paper binder to seal gap between our two glass sliding doors. Stops Kellog rubbing his nose up and down the gap trying to squeeze through, the result of which was a sore nose! Not sure if it helps at all in your case but I guess any suggestions may help. Maybe a pic would help? xxx

Have got a paper binder on my lil viv for the royal as she has her moments of nose running seems to work a treat.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob

Edited by - punumbear on 23/08/2009 22:30:45
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does work great, except for the red line running down the centre of the glass in the front of the viv - rather noticeable and not great for pics! xxx

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:43:07  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks kellog, Il pop up wilkos in the morning and see if I can find some binders. it looks like thats the only option for now really.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000