Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  20:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've just got back from a wonderful 2 weeks holiday in Cornwall to find that Bubbles has escaped whilst the neighbours were looking after him! We are distraught - its completely ruined the holiday! Just put flour down in their kitchen where it escaped and have set a bottle trap so fingers crossed! Is there anything else we can do? Problem is as its the neighbour's house we can't go round and rip it to pieces to try and find him.

Any suggestions welcome - we're desperate to get him back.

Thanks

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  20:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about Bubbles. After 2 weeks he could be anywhere in the house. Really you need to have a good look in all the dark/warm places. You need to put flour down in all the doorways as he might not still be in the kitchen also put bottle traps in more rooms. You should put a bowl of water down for it as well otherwise he could dehydrate without water. Good luck and keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  21:20:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
set the viv up on the floor with the heat on and he might go back in

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  02:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try looking behind the fridge and freezer.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  14:14:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And anywhere else that generates heat,pc's,cable/sky boxs ect and look HIGH and low

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Sid escaped from an Escape proof cage I found him in the Bathroom on a shelf above the Radiator.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  19:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

And anywhere else that generates heat,pc's,cable/sky boxs ect and look HIGH and low

well said, casper escaped once and was found in a box on a shelf about 6 feet off the floor.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  20:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on Bubbles - still not found him but he is still somewhere in their kitchen! There were flour trails from the boiler cupboard to the water bowl so we know he came out for a drink last night. Didn't touch the mouse in the bottle trap though. OH took next door's boiler apart to see if he was in there but no luck - looked on all the shelves (even the high ones) but there is a hole in the wall where the pipes go through so he could be anywhere in the cavity. Just have to hope he doesn't go too far afield and stays near the kitchen where he's got water.

He hasn't fed for 2 weeks (fed on the Thurs before we went away - 6th Aug) and he shed this Tues so hoping he'll be getting peckish and will come out to eat a mouse. Will make some more bottle traps for round the kitchen and bathroom (where these particular pipes end up).

I've had to bring his viv home for now as the neighbours have a decorator coming in tomorrow and they don't want to freak him out with a snake on the loose! My worry is that the extra disturbance of having their kitchen redecorated is going to stress Bubbles out. Don't really know what else to do now!

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I'll keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  20:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope you manage to find him soon,when we lost lucien he was found hiding in a towel in the airing cupboard!
fingers crossed you find him soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Must admit if I was your neighbours I would feel so responsible and do everything I could to help you find him, even if it meant putting off the decorators in the kitchen if that is thought to be where he is. On the other hand the decorators may flush him out, that could be a shock for them! How old/big is he? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's 1 year old & about 3 foot. To be honest, the neighbour has really annoyed us as he doesn't seem that upset or apologetic! I suggested that I would sit in his kitchen overnight tonight and he said he thought that was going a bit far! Needless to say relations with the neighbour are rapidly cooling!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont blame you! Surely if he lost a pet he loved he would do anything he could to find it! That makes me mad!! - sorry, very unlike me! Would think he would do anything possible to get snake out of house and therefore get rid of responsibility and if that meant you sitting in his kitchen all night he should do that - its not as though he is expected to do anything. xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to agree with kellog, decorating the kitchen could be very stressful for your snake, and I am assuming they will be moving appliances etc? In which case they need to be careful not to squash your snake if he is hiding beneath something. I do not mean to upset you, but it could happen. If relations with the neighbours are cooling anyway, it may be worth popping round in the morning to explain to the decorators that your tiny, harmless snake has escaped in the kitchen somewhere and could they please check carefully before removing things.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea, if decorators arrive try and catch them first and explain situation...saying you wanted to warn them and ask them to be careful etc..... But, also as SB says, I think you have to look at the situation and accept that the outcome may not be good, sorry. xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  21:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great minds think alike kellog my friend

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or simple minds seldom differ!!

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:08:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How rude... lol

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  22:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I am simple but you are great and we just think alike! Is that better?! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  23:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've posted this before, but it seems a perfect example of them getting into anywhere:

That was where I found mine after she escaped last year.

They can get anywhere, and more often do turn up again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7946200.stm
That was my Trio, he was missing for a fortnight and was found in the flat ABOVE mine by workmen.

Don't lose hope.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  07:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
computer geek corn, new morph?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  12:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

I've posted this before, but it seems a perfect example of them getting into anywhere:

That was where I found mine after she escaped last year.

They can get anywhere, and more often do turn up again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7946200.stm
That was my Trio, he was missing for a fortnight and was found in the flat ABOVE mine by workmen.

Don't lose hope.

Thanks - but I'm struggling to be positive - probably because the neighbours don't seem to give two hoots! I went round to refresh the bottle traps last night and there hasn't been any sign of him. I just wish I could go round and rip their house apart! The decorators are in -they haven't moved any appliances or cupboards in the kitchen so at least he's safe from being squashed. They have completely emptied the lounge to decorate in there but no sign of him.

Who would have thought you could get so attached to a critter that doesn't show any displays of affection!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000