Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  13:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be annoyed with neighbours like that too. if it gets really bad, would it be worth calling the rspca to go and tear the house apart for you?

and dont feel ashamed to love your snake so much, I dont think there is a single member of this forum who doesnt love their snake!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  13:53:50  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have you thought about putting the impression across that he may 'become wild' again with no interaction from humans?
Surely then it would be in their best interests to help find and return him before he tries to nibble on a foot or something in the early hours.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  17:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

have you thought about putting the impression across that he may 'become wild' again with no interaction from humans?
Surely then it would be in their best interests to help find and return him before he tries to nibble on a foot or something in the early hours.

What a fabulous idea - put the fear of god into them

I was thinking I should contact the RSPCA - would they help with something like this?
Go to Top of Page

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  17:48:58  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
u could try them, id be very suprised if they done anything. personally i think there usless

Edited by - misstwinkle on 25/08/2009 17:50:44
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  18:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Sorry that your snake has gone missing but how did he escape?
Madgirl x.
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  18:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with everything Kellog and sexybear have said (saves some typing lol) I know you have left a bottle trap but now you have an idea where Bubbles is have you tried warming up a mouse and dangling it around the hole to try and draw bubbles out.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  19:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madgirl

Hi,
Sorry that your snake has gone missing but how did he escape?
Madgirl x.

We're not really sure - the neighbours said it was definitely in the viv on Thurs morning. I can only assume they left the door ajar! He's never escaped from his viv before.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  19:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

Agree with everything Kellog and sexybear have said (saves some typing lol) I know you have left a bottle trap but now you have an idea where Bubbles is have you tried warming up a mouse and dangling it around the hole to try and draw bubbles out.

Yes - tried that. He's not one for striking - he generally likes to be left alone with his mouse so that didn't work. I'm guessing that although he may have gone in that hole, it could lead anywhere as it was the pipe-ducting from the boiler so he could be anywhere in the house now, under the floorboards etc. Do they tend to roam outside if given the opportunity?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  13:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by misstwinkle

u could try them, id be very suprised if they done anything. personally i think there usless

You were right Miss Twinkle! About as much use as a chocolate teapot! In fact I ended up giving her a lesson on the feeding habits of snakes! She said she'd put a bulletin out to the national helpdesk should anyone contact them to say they'd spotted him.

They also put me in touch with a local reptile rescue centre so I contacted them and gave them Bubbles description just in case anyone hands him in there. The lady there did say that as its been mild lately there is every chance he could have ventured outside! That just upset me more as he could be ANYWHERE! She did say that he would probably give someone the shock of their lives as the weather got colder as he'd probably decide to move indoors. She suggested that I contact all the neighbours and perhaps put up photos in the neighbourhood so people could keep an eye out for him. She also suggested contacting the local press if we thought he'd left the house.

I'm going round next door tonight to try one last time to get them to co-operate and I'll suggest that I'm going to get in touch with the press (see if that makes them think about it more seriously). Also going to ask them what they think the smell will be like if he dies somewhere under their floorboards! Shock tactics!
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  13:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good plans abbie- the smell of decaying snake wouldnt be very pleasant. my experiences if the rspca aren't fab either, it seems that most officers only have a general knowledge of cats and dogs, no other animals. also, the snake going wild plan sounds good- turn up on their doorstep clad in thick clothing, gloves and a facemask, with a large stick in hand, and ask them to kindly stay out of your way whilst you try to recover your missing constrictor!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  09:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the latest abbie? Has anything changed? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  20:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No change I'm afraid . Been round again today and put more bottle traps down, put leaflets through all doors in the neighbourhood just in case he's wandered. Neighbours are being a little more co-operative so that's reassuring.
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  20:38:30  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry its the first ive heard of this thread. sorry to hear about bubbles. im sure she will appear soon enough
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  23:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear it abbie, really hoped you had found him. At least the neighbour is being more co-operative. Are the decorators still in? Have you put down flour in doorways still? xxx

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  23:53:23  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your snake.
I know exactly how you feel, My KSB has been loose for 2 months now

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  15:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw sorry to hear you havent found her yet.. had my fingers crossed for you all weekend
hope you find her soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  18:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read this post really sorry to hear about you snake'y. Any updates

1 x Cornsnake (Cornflake)
1 x Boxer Dog (Stumpi)
Regards Chris & Cornflake
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope you find him try to ask your neighbours to let you look for him just a little bit good luck

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about Bubbles... this represents every owners worst nightmare. With any luck he will just show up but I can imagine if Bubbles is anything like Eddie, the darker the space the happier he is! The fact that it isn't your house just makes it so much more terrible!

I hope you find Bubbles! x

1 Corn Snake (EDDIE)
2 Rats (PINK & STINK)
1 Cat (BINX)
1 Budgie (MOLLY)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  21:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for your support. Still no joy I'm afraid. Its been 2 weeks now but we haven't given up hope. Just hoping that as the weather gets cooler he'll suddenly appear looking for somewhere warm.

We had been planning on getting a new snake anyway but now I feel a bit of a traitor to Bubbles!

Planning on going to the Doncaster show on Sunday - anyone else going?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000