Poop and strange behaviour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  23:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my snake chompy is really baffling me now, she shed last week all seemed well apart from the hiding all the time! there was no poop in the viv only the shed she seems to only wanna poop whenever I handle her, she has been like this since i got her!
Most feeds she won't poop for about 6 days and then it's only when i handle her!
I have tried leaving her in the viv for 6 days but then i think it will do harm if left any longer!
Is this normal
also since her shed last week I havn't seen her at all unless i go in and lift up her hide to see if she is still alive and then she is a real grump!
Is something wrong with her or is she being hormonal lol

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2009 :  03:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog is hiding all the time as well at the moment. I am hoping it is because his viv is not how is should be, but he is on kitchen roll cos of mites (which we think he is rid of) but I think he feels very exposed, despite having his hide in there and a branch.
Kellog is pretty regular, he poops 2 to 3 days after eating but unfortunately it is usually when he is out of the viv and being handled, think the activity stimulates it.
I am hoping Kellog is ok and will come out of hiding soon, same as chompy. xxx

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2009 :  09:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pooping is nothing to worry about. When i first got my 2 they only pooped whilst being handled, this went on for 2-3 months. The movement stimulates them to go.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2009 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It also helps if you put them in the bath, moving stimulates the bowel muscles and since they work a bit more in the tub, its also easier to clean up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000