pooing!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  21:30:19  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how long after feedin does it take ur snake to poo?

it will be 2 weeks on thursday that i got him, i fed him 2 fluffies last wednesday and is due another feed this wednesday, but he still hasnt pooed!
he was fed the the wednesday before i got him, and unless he pooed over nite i have know idea the last time pooed as i cleaned him out the day i got him

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  21:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bella usually goes a couple of days after feeding, and then maybe the next days as well. She's very good at hiding her leavings though; maybe your little chap is as secretive as she is?

One guaranteed way to get them to go is to put them on your freshly made, beautifully laundered bed. Hmph. You would think I'd learn my lesson the first time.

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  21:38:26  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive checked his wood chippings very carefully but nothin. im sure hes waitin for me to handle him and poo all over me

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  21:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do have to look carefully. My 2 normally poo under a plant or behind a hide where it cant be seen. They normally poo 2-7 days after a feed.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  21:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try him on a soft warm towel (preferably not a fluffy one-no pun intended!) and if he's anything like GB he will go! No doubt there will be lots of other ways of making snakey poo...LoL

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  22:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best way to make a snake poo is put it in a bath of water the same temp as the warm end of its viv.
Go to Top of Page

misstwinkle
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  22:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see misstwinkle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, if he hasnt pooed by tomorra then hes havin a bath!

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  22:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please use a thermometer to test the temp of the water. I tested the water with my arm and it felt cool but when i put the probe in the water was 90 degrees.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  22:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you will know once he has been cos you can smell it...

mine normally go within about three to four days of feeding...

be careful with the bath thing, as it might freak your snake out..

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  03:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find that just handling Kellog invariable encourages him to leave me a 'gift', think the activity encourages it. Just be prepared with kitchen roll/towel etc. xxx

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  14:39:07  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find giving them a gentle little stroke/rub down the body gets things moving too

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  15:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every snake is different, my 2 usually go about 2 or 3 days after a feed. make sure and look thoroughly for it, though you can usually smell it before you see it.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  18:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

every snake is different, my 2 usually go about 2 or 3 days after a feed. make sure and look thoroughly for it, though you can usually smell it before you see it.

Oh yes, have a good sniff round in the viv lol
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  19:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mont tends to go 2-3 days after feeding and then again maybe on the fourth day.. hes usually pretty regular lmao!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  14:59:12  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Champagne does on 1 day after feeding and then another one 2 days after but last week he decided to poo my my best mate as i handled him and then passed him to my best mate so i cud change his water and stuff and he just could not wait and dumped a big load on him and it was VILE Worse then my dogs poo

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  19:17:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my big anery girl can go up to 3 weeks without pooing and saves it all up for one huge dump, so don't worry too much. like the others say, you'll know when because you'll smell it first

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

muffin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  21:49:03  Show Profile  Click to see muffin's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I feed mine on sunday and by the wednesday they will have done there poo, and man it STINKS!!! lol.

1.0.0 Ghost corn-Dexter
1.0.0 Snow corn-Stig
0.1.0 Carolina corn-Roxy
0.0.1 Amel corn-Oscar
1.0.0 Florida kingsnake Elvis
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  22:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is something I never considered before we got a snake - the smell of their poo! Up til now all Kellog's 'gifts' have been done outside viv when being handled, usually caught on kitchen roll but sometimes missed and got on clothes and carpet....no problem, just clean. Cos of mites he is on kitchen roll at moment and did one yesterday in viv. Immediately took out all kitchen roll, scrubbed base of viv and replaced with new kitchen roll. Am sure I can still smell it though! xxx

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  10:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bella's poo doesn't actually smell that much...certainly not as bad as the cats'. Is she OK? Or have I struck lucky?!

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page