Lucien feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  17:28:06  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking a bit dull ready for his shed

Messy eater VV

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute little snake
Go to Top of Page

King_Kruss
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:48:50  Show Profile  Click to see King_Kruss's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great pics luke xxx

0.1 Normal Corn, Xena (CB01)
1.0 Anery Corn, Manson (CB05)
1.0 Ghost Corn, Jayger (CB06)
0.1 Snow Corn, Rellik (CB08)
0.1 Anery Corn, Pandora (CB09)
1.0 Rat x Corn, Optimus (CB09)
0.1 Royal Python, Ophelia (CB09)
0.3 Cats, Milly, Phoebe, Smooch
0.1 Labrador, Sasha
2.3 Mice
and a bowl of fish
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw theres my iccle guy!
he looks a cleaner eater than mont - he gets in a right twist lol

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:24:30  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Looking a bit dull ready for his shed

Messy eater VV

Oh are you suppose to feed out of the viv do i have to do that when i collect my snake tomorrow and he gets fed on a thursday please tell me i dont know what to do and do i use feeding tongs as i dont fancy touching the mouse as it gives me the creeeps.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:34:53  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009
Oh are you suppose to feed out of the viv do i have to do that when i collect my snake tomorrow and he gets fed on a thursday please tell me i dont know what to do and do i use feeding tongs as i dont fancy touching the mouse as it gives me the creeeps.

If your using aspen or another substrate like that its best to feed them outside the viv as you won't want them to ingest any substrate whilst eating.
Plus on a selfish note its easier to watch and take pictures

I also use feeding tongs, you can simulate the movement of a mouse so the snake will "strike" it if you want.
Also if your directly touching a mouse the snake will pick up the scent on your hand and might bite the wrong object.
I left it for 7 days after I collected him before I fed Lucien, just as a personal preference it gave him chance to get over the excitement of moving. A stressed snake may not feed, so don't worry if he doesn't eat in that first week.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)

Edited by - lucifer on 20/07/2009 22:36:54
Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You don't have to, I don't with my royals but have done tonight with the corns. The possible problem of feeding in the viv is that snakey might take in some of the substrate which can cause impaction. It's a personal choice I guess, no doubt some feed in & some feed out.

0.2.0 cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royal Pythons (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Ghost - Hogan, Carolina - Shaggy, Snow - Sparkle, Amel - Tango, Crimson -Fred, Candy Cane - Haribo & Normal Stripe - Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 fish
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:42:15  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

quote:

If your using aspen or another substrate like that its best to feed them outside the viv as you won't want them to ingest any substrate whilst eating.
Plus on a selfish note its easier to watch and take pictures

I also use feeding tongs, you can simulate the movement of a mouse so the snake will "strike" it if you want.
Also if your directly touching a mouse the snake will pick up the scent on your hand and might bite the wrong object.
I left it for 7 days after I collected him before I fed Lucien, just as a personal preference it gave him chance to get over the excitement of moving. A stressed snake may not feed, so don't worry if he doesn't eat in that first week.

Oh great thanks for the info bud. Also how do i get a sig with my snake can u make me one please if you dont mind :P and btw im calling my snake Champagne !

Also im going to use bark as bedding its not the aspen stuff its the other stuff but i might use shered white paper as its cheap and easy to maintain at the moment due to the viv + snake + food + bowl and accessories costing me a lil over 160 quid tomorrow so i will be spending my whole wage from work on the snake, until i get paid again then thats when i can buy his proper bedding but is the paper sherds ok to use for a temp like for around 7 days.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:47:29  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Oh great thanks for the info bud. Also how do i get a sig with my snake can u make me one please if you dont mind :P and btw im calling my snake Champagne !

Also im going to use bark as bedding its not the aspen stuff its the other stuff but i might use shered white paper as its cheap and easy to maintain at the moment due to the viv + snake + food + bowl and accessories costing me a lil over 160 quid tomorrow so i will be spending my whole wage from work on the snake, until i get paid again then thats when i can buy his proper bedding but is the paper sherds ok to use for a temp like for around 7 days.

I'll drop you an email after I come back from working Bestival about making a sig mate.
(Unless someone else makes one by the time I come back )

I use kitchen towel with a tiny bit of aspen in the corners and inside the hides at the mo for my hatchling.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  23:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice, do u have pics up of your blizz? would love one and what sorta price are they?

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:15:16  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

nice, do u have pics up of your blizz? would love one and what sorta price are they?

Well its not in my possession yet, I'm collecting it at the Donny show in sept if all goes well with its feeding.
I've paid £50 for a female blizzard from a breeder.

hiper2009 if you want to send me some photos of champagne to lucien.snake@googlemail.com I'll have a crack next week when I'm back home.

Edited by - lucifer on 21/07/2009 00:16:51
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also were do you get your fonts from?

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  00:55:14  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

also were do you get your fonts from?

http://www.dafont.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000