Has anybody read.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  15:37:49  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The guide to owning a corn snake by Jerry G Walls? I got the book as I like to read up on whatever animal I buy/own as I like to know about them in the wild ect.
Well this made me laugh a bit, It says you should feed a hatchling a pinky every 2 days and if it remains hungry feed it 2 every 2 days!!! It also says that you can seldom over feed a corn snake unless you litraly stuff it? Well sorry but pinkys every 2 days to me is stuffing it! Correct me if im wrong here!

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  16:47:20  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, sounds a bit clueless to me!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sounds like cr*p advice.. when could you handle it if you did that?!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not read the book, and not going to, on the info you have just posted, I won't be in the future! Stick to the forum, you won't go far wrong.

Edited by - n/a on 20/07/2009 20:27:47
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  20:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv read alot of books on corns and other snakes and alot of these books state this, most say feed every 3 days and if they want it on the second to do so, and even for me i had to ask is this right on the forum as for someone new to snakes and think that yeah its a book its ment to be right true and good advice yet its all bull parden the swear, but alot of people are gonna take it and belive it i think these books should be taken of the shelfs in all shops and libraries

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  21:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv only had mont for about 2weeks now but even i know not to feed him every 2 days.. hope no snakes suffer cause of the cr*p advice

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  21:08:44  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Even If I had never owned a snake, Even I would have thought it was to much! The rest of the book is ok it was just the feeding bit. I cank believe they are allowed to publish it!
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  21:48:40  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of these books are written by Americans where it seems to be a race to get them up to breeding weight asap!

Rather than what's best for the animal.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000