Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  13:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there, glad to here that your mite prob has cleared kellog might just be resting since the mites have gone as the mites party on the snakes blood at night it must be very uncomfortable for them.Im not sure i would have used bleach as a dissinfectant id rather use non toxic like milton.I have a care sheet that says that mites live under the scales and eyelids. They suggest putting the snake in a covered container in shallow water for 3-4 hours dry him then return him to a clean tank. Hope kellog perks up soon

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  06:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Internet been down for a while so been gettting very frustrated not being able to get on forum! Finally Kellog's viv was returned to normal with substrate and leaves and branch along with hide and water bowl, following mites incident. This was done on Tuesday. He still seems very hide bound, not coming out as much as he used to. Also he never seems to come out at night, I am often up and very rarely see him.
What I am most worried about now and need answers asap is that he was fed last Sat (still on kitchen roll), ate beautifully and has been acting fine, but he hasnt pooed. Have had him out to handle Tuesday and yesterday, but even that didnt stimulate him, which it usually does. He feels fine, no lumps or hard areas near tail, and is behaving normally when handled. What I want to know is should I feed him as normal on Saturday even if he hasnt pooed yet? Am tempted to bath him today if handling doesnt do the job - first time I have wished that he would poo on me!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  05:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, managed to encourage Kellog to poo by handling him and lots of stroking his side - got it well aimed into a handful of kitchen roll, am quite pleased with myself. As he only pooed yesterday is it ok to feed him on schedule today? His normal motions are to do it about 3 days after feed, and last time he pooed twice. He is moving around fine and handling beautifully, feeling soft and pliable. Just worried about giving him tummy ache! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  23:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please reassure me! Kellog is still hiding out in his hide most of the time despite his viv being returned to normal after the 'mite affair'. Tried to tempt him out when he was fed today but would only come a few inches out and then backed back in. Finally got him to feed by dangling mouse right in front of hide, he struck and dragged mouse inside. That was this morning and this evening I did lift hide to check he has eaten it and it has gone, but he must have been all coiled up in there when he swallowed it which cant be good for him. Before the 'mite affair' we never bothered him when he was in his hide. We would only handle him when he was out and about but had to start removing hide to get at him and treat hide and bath him. He then spent nearly 3 weeks on kitchen roll instead of substrate, so I can understand that he might be stressed still. But he is ok when he is handled, as I managed to grab him when he ventured out of his hide yesterday and he seemed very happy - did not want to go back into viv. Cant see anything wrong with him, it is just his hiding all the time that worries me cos it is so different to his behaviour before the 'mite incident'. I am up a lot during the night and he doesnt seem to move around then either. What do people think, please????? xxx

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  13:46:27  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My snake spends a lot of time hiding in the day, in fact most of the time lol! When i want to hold her i just move the hide, however at night my snake is very active. but sometimes i cant see her cz she spends most of her time buried under the substrate!

I think he is just taking a bit of time to re settle after all that has happened, i dont think u have anything to worry about!! x

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000