scals ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  17:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello i have had a corn snake 5 months now my corn snake had 2 misssing scals not that long ago but my room mate corn snake has what look to be dryed up scals in spots we both use a light not a pad for heat it is 85f on the hot side and they are in diff tanks just wanted to see if anyone had an idea what was going on now that 2 cornsnakes under the same roof are having scale problems

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  18:03:17  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How have their sheds been recently?
Have you got a light guard round the light?

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:52:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and how is the heating controlled?

missing scales will normally be resolved in a few shed's time unless there's an underlying cause............ pics would be good too

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:44:52  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree- scales will heal in a few sheds, but you need to work out how they were damaged to ensure if doesn't happen again.

Have you got heat guards?

Have you got anything sharp in the viv?

Any tape in there?

Has the snake been biting itself (which can be a sign of heat stress or mites)

Keep us informed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  01:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes there is a guard i little half pipe looking log that was not sanded that is the only thing i see that might have a sharp edge no tape and no they have not been bitting them self he should shed about next week the slight change of color made it easyer to see the diff in the scals should i switch to a a pad instead of the light i have ? i think i answered all the questions sorry if i did not
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  01:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi katey i would advise using a mat over lamps definatley.and def a stat fo control it.

1.1.0 amel.."andy" ..caramel??... "sarah"?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  05:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would definitely try and get a pic up of the part of snake with the missing scales...and your room mate's too. Then 'those who know' can have a look and tell you what they think. Surely she has shed in the time she has been with you....did you notice the missing scales then or only just now? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

69 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  17:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine had missing 3 scals but it fixed after 2 sheds but i saw on hers it has dry looking scals on mine i knew what that was but i dont no what the dry looking ones are hers is in the blue stage so should shed in a couple days or so but i cant get pics on here old pc's suck that way
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000