Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  01:09:06  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by huffnpuff

went into my local reptile shop, and he ended up force feeding her, but she would only eat a mouse tail, i have also been informed that she is younger than i was told when i bought her, shes probably about 4 weeks now, i have had her for 3 and was given feeding records wich dont match up, says that she had eaten 3 times NO CHANCE. also was told that she may not be eating because she dos not have a lamp, thought they were not essential, none of my snakes got lites, all mats and stats,(the others all eat first time every time) help

thats the trouble with shows. i think i got a hoggie that had only been fed maybe 1-2 time. the breeders see a lot of people with little to non experience and see a easy 30-80 quid i know they did with me. i didnt aske for records, breeders names or anything i was too excited. but know i now what to ask and all that wont fall for it again.

now your snake has had another taste of mouse hopefully it will take a pinkie. like other posts either brain it or make it bleed from the nose.

hope all works out fine

dont try to pinky press, force or assist feed seek out some one with experience if need be

Edited by - sexychef on 21/07/2009 01:10:16
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  20:40:25  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HUFFNPUFF..... May i start off apologising to u about the subject *pinkypress* it has been bought to my attention by GP that the pinky press seems to not be the most favourable route to take with your snake with regards to helping it feed.I had purely red about this on most websites online shops where it gives a brief description of the product.The descriptions do not tell u , this will cause undue stress, not to be used in novice hands etc etc. So once again my apologise for this. :O)

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  21:19:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks PB.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  21:20:46  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no problem gp

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Montyrom
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2009 :  12:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of tricks which work fine for my fussy eater:

One, defrost in hot water to ensure the pinkie, fluff, rat pup whatever is warm when you gently put it in - I sometimes put them into a smaller tub and under a tea towel to make them feel safe. this usually works with minimal stress to all.

Two, this one is slightly wacky but works is...
Put him/her into a carry tub and take them for a drive in a warm car for about 20mins. Come back and gently put a warm pinkie etc into the tub, it's usually gone within 10 minutes.

But I agree with the husbandry tips, ensure they feel safe and are the correct temp before trying anything remotely stressful to your snake or to you.

Good Luck.

10 Corn Snakes
9 African House Snakes
1 Leopard Rat Snake
1 Bearded Dragon
5 Crested Geckos
4 Yellow head geckos
4 Mourning geckos
Plus 7 x toads, 2 x Dogs, 2 x Rats, 2 x Tarantulas.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

184 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2009 :  15:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
feed due tomorrow, and she seems to be showing signs of hunting in her RUB im hoping that is a good sign, might try taking her for a drive as well, she does seem to like the car, although more when i put her on the dash to get out, not the best way, thanks every1 for all their advice and handy tips, will let you know how things go tomoro.xx

1.0.0 Amel stripe(Dezzi)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Rizzie)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Hotaru)
2.2.0 western hognose (Huff and Puff)(Missy and Pharoh)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000