Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  15:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snake is a yr old next month.
he is on a pinky a wk at the moment.
when do i know when he needs more,do i just try him with another after the first with a break of ten minutes or so

phoenix-amelanistic corn
scooby-snow corn

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  16:29:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ideally you should gradually increase the food intake.
Maybe try him on 2 pinkys for a while first, I usually give the 2nd mouse when my snakes start hunting after finishing the first. So a couple mins after finishing the first.

When the next feed is due, if you take a couple pics and post them up as well, so we can see the size of the food item in comparison to the snake.

And Welcome to the forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  17:27:03  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all snakes are differant,but at a yearling it should at least be on fuzzies,mine is the same age and have just moved up from 1small mouse to 2 a week,just follow kehhlyr's advice and a pic with rey would be good

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2009 :  01:54:01  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum

Without seeing a pic of the snake it's pretty hard to say, but to be honest by a year I would suspect your snake should be on fuzzies at least. General rule of thumb for feeding is nothing larger than 1.5 times the snake's body at it's thickest part. As Kehhlyr suggested though, increase food intake gradually. HTH

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000