How deep??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:21:28  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mr paulasparky has been talking about getting a tv and unit after xmas, which means we will have a nice sturdy bookcase free and I was thinking of turning it into a viv.
Im going to flip it on its side, so the measurements will be 32 inch long by 11 inches deep 29 inches tall. Would this be big enough for an adult corn? I know its a few inches off the recomended, but will Bam be botherd by that?
If its ok, just saves me alot of money and time lol

Mick
Yearling

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats about the same size as what mojo lives in, I personally think its too small for a fully grown snake and will be building a bigger viv when he gets older. IMO...

1.0.0 Hypo Striped Corn (Mojo)

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:36:49  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
36x15x15 is ment to be minimun for corns when reaching an adultish size n saves on ya changing vivs each time.. or could just go 4ftx2ftx2ft.. which is what i think ill be going, unless i build arboreal.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:39:17  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks guys! Ill re home the book case and build a viv then! I dont need to for a while yet theough, he's only about 12 inches long and nearly a month old! so will be a while yet!
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Yearling

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well in that case you could build that viv from bookcase and he could live in it for quite a while. Mojo is getting on for year old, and not planing on change his viv for while yet. intermediate viv ;), just an idea...

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  10:48:48  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yea I could do, thats an idea!, how big do you think he should be before moving him up? He is in a 14 inch long plastic viv/fish tank, (from wilkos!!) Dont want to move him up to soon and scare him! he is about a foot long alrady!
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Yearling

United Kingdom
721 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  11:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well I am told the rule is, width plus depth = maximum snake length

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  11:31:44  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok cool ill rember that, might move him after xmas. I have an old fish tank to move him into if he out grows the one he is in now to fast!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000