cool hide
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  14:49:42  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok had me big lad nearly 2 weeks but he didn`t get much down time in the first week so im using this week as his time to chill n settle.. doing nothing but changing his water... only curious on the fact that i have bought him a second hide for the warm end as wasn`t too happy with the fact he only had a bit of bark up against the wall.. he really does favour the cold end..any ideas why or do snakes just stick to what they are use to??

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  15:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my lil guy is exactly the same.. he sticks to his posh hide with all the moss in and rarely ventures away from it.. except for last night when i had to move him as he made mess and he stayed behind his coconut hide in the warm end but i think that it was cause hes got blue eyes atm so cant really see owt and didnt want to venture too far bless him

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  18:03:28  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He might prefer the hide. Swop them around to make sure, you don't want him choosing one hide over the other as it will prevent him from thermoregulating properly.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  20:26:37  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah Ell tht did dawn on me so shall do the swop after his settling week is over but i have finally decided to get a big old heat mat in there as still not 100% happy about this lamp n will need it gone to free up space..:O) which means me royal can have it in her viv then.. when she is big enough to go in it.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000