want another
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

219 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  20:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so I've caught the snake bug and REALLY REALLY want another one either a royal python yes I said that on here lol or another corn have to do some sweet talking tho

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  20:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long have you had Flora for Flossy? I would really like another corn, but not sure about housing...I live in a caravan, LOL. OK while they're little, but would have to take out a wardrobe to get 2 3ft vivs in. Hahaha.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

219 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  21:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ummm had her just over a month now I think,lol just get a stack or make your wardrobe into a stack
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  21:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your going for a royal do your research they can be real fussy feeders etc. They are great snakes but they can give you sleepless nights when they go off and they do go off at times.
Housing/humidity changes can cause them to go right off their food. My experience is that they do need quite a bit more input than some snakes. Other people might disagree with this and I'm no expert but I had a royal for over 10 years and at times he could be a real pain if something upset him. Mind you the learning experience was invaluable. I'd say read plenty and ask other royal owners especialy those who have kept them for a long time to get a balanced view before taking the plunge.

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

219 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  21:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widey

If your going for a royal do your research they can be real fussy feeders etc. They are great snakes but they can give you sleepless nights when they go off and they do go off at times.
Housing/humidity changes can cause them to go right off their food. My experience is that they do need quite a bit more input than some snakes. Other people might disagree with this and I'm no expert but I had a royal for over 10 years and at times he could be a real pain if something upset him. Mind you the learning experience was invaluable. I'd say read plenty and ask other royal owners especialy those who have kept them for a long time to get a balanced view before taking the plunge.

Thanks for the info a close friend has a royal so would be able to get alot of info from her, doubt I will get another for a while cuz the OH doesn't even like snakes and took me ages to sweet talk him into letting me get one lol
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  22:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah someone else who wants another snake not long after getting their first...glad to see im not alone

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  22:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know that feeling lol

Had Isla in nov 08
Isis feb 09
and Isolde and Ishan july 09

not even a year of owning corns and i have 4!

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  22:40:59  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if you're interested in royal's, why not join one of the sister site,
www.theroyalpython.co.uk Blackecho, Gingerpony, Sexychef and myself are members there aswell as quite a few others from here, sorry can't remember names, LOL.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  22:42:49  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also aswell as corn's and royal's, you could consider western hognose's, these are quite cute imo.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  11:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get a kingsnake...
www.thekingsnake.co.uk

Kings arent fussy eaters at all!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic