Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apollo has been bringing up his meals for the last 3 weeks, 1 meal a week, he was fed the day before we bought him and digested it fine, we fed him on the day specified by the shop keeper and he brought it up 36 hours later, we gave a fuzzy that time as we were told thats what he was on, we phoned shop and was told feed him on same day next week but use a pinky, done this and he brought it up after 36 hours again. We fed him on friday, this was 10 days after regurgitating, as advised by other snake dealer where we bought our second snake, but he has brought this up this morning, yet hudini our second snake was fed on same day and is in same viv has been fine and is still digesting his meal. Apollo seems happy enough still willing to be held and drinking a lot of water and lively enough in viv but we are concerned about his health because of the constant regurging of his meals. Any help or advice most gratefully recieved. Thanks

[/URL]

Edited by - Blackecho on 30/07/2009 14:37:30

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Where do you feed Apollo and your other snake?
Also do you whatch them eat their food?
Madgirl x.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i feed them in a clear tub with a lid with air holes on it i feed them 1 at a time so they don't compete for food

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry forgot to say i watch them eat yes lol sorry

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Do you what him eat his food as some snakes get upset if you what them?
Madgirl x.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
ok DONT what him eat.
because that is probabley why.
Dont worry as my snake brought up her food becase we watched her but when we didnt she was fine.
Madgir x.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  12:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
if you cant stop your self watching get a coloured box and feed him in that or put a towel over the one you have got so he cant see you.
Madgirl x.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  14:01:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
watching them doesn't make them regurge!
usual reasons are:
* handling too soon after feeding
* incorrect set-up and /or temps
* prey item too big
* physical problems with the snake

do any of the first 3 apply?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  17:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi thanks for replying, he doesn't get handled after eating, only after regurge when cleaning viv, prey item vary in size have tried reg sized fuzzies and small pinkies, with same result. Have just tested heat and think that may be a bit too high, on the hot side, 40 degrees C. I have set a timer for the heat mat to go off for 15 mins every hour, to let viv cool slightly. I don't think there's anything wrong with apollo as he's still very active and climbing out to be held when door of viv is open.

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  18:50:58  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd say initially temps could be the problem, 40*C is cooking him!!!
switching the mat off for 15mins/hour won't stop it reaching that kinda temp, you really do need a thermostat to control the temperature.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  19:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
getting 1 aspa will manage temp manuly some how untill i get 1 thanx for help

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  20:31:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
try ebay (can't believe i said that *cringes*) or research prices online. a Habistat MatStat you can pick up new for £20-25, in the same range the Temperature stat allows a higher wattage which isn't necessary for corns, or they do pulses and dimmers, and same with magic eye function. price-wise this list (above) is low to high ie MatStat would be the cheapest option.
when you get the temps issue sorted please give us an update, particularly if it doesn't sort out the regurge problem

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  20:33:15  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dont you like ebay GP?
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  21:19:37  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mate it don't matter about the price of the stat, just go to ur nearest reptile store any buy one!!! That temp is way too high!

Hope you sort everything out soon for yours and Apollo's sake!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  21:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
stat pronto poor lil bugger will get heatstroke..lol

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2009 :  22:22:08  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mines at 28c which is about right aint it?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2009 :  15:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all thanx for help with this prob all sorted now i just wanna do whats best for my corns

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  21:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to add to this topic Apollo is now spending a few days at the shop were i got him the snake pro there is gonna try to get him feeding again so im hopeing to hear sommit by the week end as hes geting his meal tomorow im just a little worried that he always was a bad eater

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  22:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you get him sorted out soon. Ally.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  08:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am having the same problem with my 18month old snow corn, shes fed fine till the last to feeds, i dont watch her eat cause as i see it we dont like people watching us eat so why should the snakes lol, the viv is at the right temp and cooler than what she was in at the rep shop (which was way to high) where she feed fine, she feed fine for the first 2 feeds but the last 2 she brings them up at early hours in the morning
my children and my self has a sickness bug is it poss that my snow corn has caught it? and if not then why is she doing it? she dont get handled after feeding.
the mice she eats are not to big for her as shes been on them in the shop and never had this problem, help please

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Edited by - n/a on 22/06/2009 08:07:55
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  09:33:31  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck edward. keep us posted
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000