Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  12:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bring this up when it seems that everyone is leaving it be but I have to say- I agree with everyone else that he should have a hide in the warm end.

A toilet roll tube or cardboard box with a hole in will do. No expense is needed but it may help your snake out loads.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  13:24:43  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
totally right there kaz. do some diy and make a decent hide out of toilet roles lol.
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  14:44:16  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah everyone has toilet roll tubes lying around, free and hidey lmao

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  16:41:48  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all my vivs have toilet roll in xD
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  16:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cut up foil/cling film rolls for little'uns, toilet roll tubes for medium ones, poster tubes for the semi-big un's (from Lewy's work) and massive paper rolls for the massive ones. (my mates a printer). They love 'em

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  20:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again to everyone for their advice - I will not drop the subject with my husband but I will drop it from this discussion! I AGREE WITH YOU ALL!

Kellog ate first thing this morning, spent most of time since in hide and now out acting as though nothing has happened. So what should I expect next? Told you I would need more advice. When do I know when he needs feeding again? Old owner used to feed him every 5 days, is that ok?

Particular thanks to SexyBear, for advice and for sticking up for me, despite me being a pathetic neurotic owner!

Go to Top of Page

nikki77
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  20:17:16  Show Profile  Visit nikki77's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear Kellog ate

I really do hope you get sumwhere with hubby - but I still reckon you should just sneak a toilet roll in when he isnt looking!!

I understand that my new snake needs to be fed every 5 days but she is only a tinsy baby, so not sure if the same would apply to kellog, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you out

0.2.0 Milly & Molly (tortie cats)
0.1.0 Visuki (Amel Corn)

Edited by - nikki77 on 10/07/2009 20:17:42
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  00:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing as he has lost some weight during the time he hasnt been eating, I would try him again in 5 days and see how he's feeling. It may help him to put weight back on, feeding every 5 days for a couple of weeks. Keep and eye on his weight, and if he doesnt want to eat in 5 days then try him in 7 or 8.

and you're welcome for the advice (and you're not pathetic OR neurotic, just being a good owner.)

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  00:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe great ur snake is going ok seems to have gotten into a heated discussion here lol but ye u always have someone that knows better but keep on fighting for the warm hide, dunno what my snake would do without it, but ye the nice folks have helped me so much already and ive only been on a couple weeks is all i have to say they seem to know there stuff (thanks guys btw tic tac appreciates lol) gl with the snake hope he keeps feeding ok

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  15:08:36  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad snakie had some dinner in the end , try again in about five days or so and hopefully he'll start getting into a more regular feeding routine - keep working on hubby about the hide in the meantime and good luck xx

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You still definitely need that warm hide, but it is good to know that kellog is eating lol!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  20:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog doing great, has spent short time roaming viv and quite a lot of the time sprawled out under bulb. Now peering out at me from hide saying "take me out, take me out!". Lol! When can I handle him without disturbing digestion?

More pics in photo topic

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  21:06:47  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Leave it at least one day, but 2 would be better!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness he's eaten, Kellog. And don't worry about asking stuff, evryone is very supportive. Gingerpony has answered some of my questions which must have seemed so basic, but if you don't know, you don't know! Hope all goes well from now on. Ally.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  22:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seeing as its his first feed in a while, leave it three days as this meal could be a shock to the system.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  16:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handled Kellog on Monday and Tuesday, which was wonderful, and then nervously dangled mouse in viv this morning. He stared...tongue flick....slow uncoil...and STRIKE!

Was so worried his first feed was going to be a one off! Kids and hubby desperate to have their turn feeding him now! Lol!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000