Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  17:36:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found these double wardrobes on a job and thought new houses lol. Theres 4 vivs and a space for storage. Although I dint agree. Thats the other halfs idea. I see 5 vivs but ill let think ill stop a 4. Then ill sneakly make the 5th one up one day. Anyway all im waiting for is the glass and then they'll all be moving.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  17:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great find, looks perfect for 5 (teeheehee) vivs

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  18:26:39  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Inspirational I'm off to scour the free paper
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  18:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea. you cant make vivs out of free paper MJ lol

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:00:51  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coxymk2

Great idea. you cant make vivs out of free paper MJ lol

Lol gotta love a bit of sarcasm

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:01:26  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

What a great find, looks perfect for 5 (teeheehee) vivs

Do u mind tell her that cheers lol

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:03:10  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Inspirational I'm off to scour the free paper

Where abouts u from. Ill get another wardrobe make on for you and sell u it. Ive got a friend who cuts my glass for very cheap.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:04:54  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They dont look that big but there 3ft wide and a foot high each one

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  19:46:26  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love this :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  21:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oo, I'm looking at doing exactly this once all my hatchies are gone. Have you got any pics of how you fixed the shelves in place? What sort of wood did you use, and how are you planning to put the glass in?

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  22:15:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilverWings

Oo, I'm looking at doing exactly this once all my hatchies are gone. Have you got any pics of how you fixed the shelves in place? What sort of wood did you use, and how are you planning to put the glass in?

Theres a frame around the sides and back in 19mm x 33mm batton. Screwed them to the side. Then slid the shelves onto each frame the screw the wood down to the shelvesthen thru the side of the wardrobe. The frame stops the sheleves sagging. The shelves are 18 mm mdf. All wood is untreated. Theres no solvent used. If u buy ct1 silcone to seal the edges thats solvent free aswell I will upload a pic of the underneath frame.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  22:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oo, thanks, that would be awesome :) I'll probably use plywood for mine, be a bit lighter than MDF. How are you planning to heat it? I've been thinking of heat cable, but I already have many mats so might find a way to use those.

1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  23:10:40  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just sticking to heat mats. Heat cable will be too long and I wouldn't do more than one viv with it. Each tank 1x mat 1xstat. 2 tanks are for royals any way so I wont have mats in there anyway. With ply its easier to get the wood to seperate and also when its fixed or screwed in the wood will split. That why I wentvfor mdf. Easier to seal. Ply has to many different layers of wood.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  23:43:16  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just sticking to heat mats. Heat cable will be too long and I wouldn't do more than one viv with it. Each tank 1x mat 1xstat. 2 tanks are for royals any way so I wont have mats in there anyway. With ply its easier to get the wood to seperate and also when its fixed or screwed in the wood will split. That why I wentvfor mdf. Easier to seal. Ply has to many different layers of wood.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

mark143
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  06:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clever idea.Look forward to seeing it finished.
Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  08:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I thought it would split too. Having had many, many plywood rabbit hutches disintegrate, I don't have much faith in it. However, the partner knows best XD Perhaps we'll make his snakes shelf out of ply and I'll stick with good old MDF XD

1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  17:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea there Mark, If only I had thought of that. Make sure you stick it in the http://thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26234&whichpage=7 sticky topic when it's complete.

Love the sneaky 5th shelf / Vivarium idea, good luck sneaking that passed the O/H

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  20:26:26  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Good idea there Mark, If only I had thought of that. Make sure you stick it in the http://thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26234&whichpage=7 sticky topic when it's complete.

Love the sneaky 5th shelf / Vivarium idea, good luck sneaking that passed the O/H

Thanks the good remark. No luck thou with the 5 self/ viv shes looking at doors and handles

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  20:29:36  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do I stick this in the sticky thread. I mean if the mods want it put there I will but I dont wanna tread one anyones toes

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  07:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks a very cool idea Marc (I think Welshlamb just means post a pic on that particular thread which is already in the stickies )

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  16:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great, I'm doing a similar thing with a £36 bookshelf from Ikea. I'll post pics when I have them.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000