New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2013 :  18:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in process of building backgrounds for all of my vivs am currently on Saharas which is the first of the 4. I've done hers as removable in several parts due to her viv having shelving it it (bearded dragon home for life). I've used polystyrene to make the shape and going to strengthen with tile grout then paint with added sand for texture. Hobos will properly be the same type of thing as haven't got a spare viv to house him in. However the two snakes I would like to attach the background (got to have a shuffle Loki will go into rubis 3ft and rubi will go into a new 4 foot) in order to prevent them getting behind it. I plan on using polystyrene again as got lots from packing etc and plenty of grout but what would be the best way to attach to the back of the vivariums making sure it is completely sealed? I also though instead of using sand for texture about using some form of soul and adding fake plants...what soil can I use and how safe/cleanable would this be?

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2013 :  21:00:47  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
reptile safe silicon?

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

steve76
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2013 :  00:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aquarium safe silicon for sealing but washable soil i wouldn't know unless you seal it with some sort of pva sealant

1.0.0 red staffy(Marley)
empty fish tank
0.0.1 Amel Corn(Vasuki)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000