New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  12:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh. I'm having a terrible time with deliveries at the moment...

First, I ordered a lot of snake supplies, heat mats, branches, thermometers, fake plants etc from RSReptile last Thursday. They were supposed to arrive on Friday which was carefully planned as there would be somebody in to sign for them.
They only arrived on Wednesday! Plus my emails were left for several days with no reply! Eventually the items arrived and as some of you may have seen, the heat mats were not what I ordered.

I decided to go with a different company for my frozen mice after that ordeal with RSReptile who have in the past been quite good.
I ordered from Frozenreptile and had somebody in this morning ready to collect the mice. I paid a crazy amount (£30!) for pre 9.30 delivery as it is hot at the moment and I wanted to be sure the mice would arrive properly frozen...It is not 12.11 and no sign of mice. I have tried to phone them, email them and no replies. I don't have confirmation of dispatch nor a delivery time slot which they are supposed to provide.

Quite cross and fed up with it all.

/rant over

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  12:50:01  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Poor you-we have massive issues with deliveries being on an island but we are lucky to have 'Livefoods by Post'around the corner.They breed all feeder animals and insects too.Maybe worth you giving them a try?
They have been good to me-killing to order for my baby royals-they also have a VERY humane method that I believe DEFRA would like to see standardized throughout the companies that breed feeders.
Hope this is some help-they do have a good site too
Go to Top of Page

twistedmonkey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  12:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like your on a bit of an unlucky streak with online ordering the mat if your unhappy with it I'd send back, the uk sales of goods act means if its not what is advertised and its still new in the packaging they have to take it back within a reasonable time frame.

I'd also do a claim for the special delivery price, the company can claim it back themselves if the courier fails to deliver (unless they forgot to put it on a pre 9.30) it wont help you atm but it will get some money back

I've only ordered once online, its was from swell reptiles and the service was great, I received a few emails from them from ordering to delivery, confirmation, shipping, due date, then the courier emailed on the delivery date, then on the day of delivery the rough time it was due out for.

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  16:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear that's not good, I had issues with my first order from RS which they did get sorted but it did take them a while to get back to me which was frustrating! Hope you get it all sorted

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  17:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, despite a friendly message on their answer machine telling me to contact them via email (which I did) and stating they would get back to me within a few hours, I have heard NOTHING from Frozen reptile. Mice were supposed to be here before 9.30 this morning and still heard nothing. I've left a message on their answer machine too. *sigh* Why do both these companies seem to have such rubbish customer service all of a sudden??

mjpeters- I have just had a look at livefoodsbypost and their prices are a bit steep £90 for 100 medium mice?! That's more than the price for my whole order from RSReptiles or frozenreptile which included 150 pinkies, 25smalls, 100mediums and 25 large! Ouch.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

Edited by - Moppet on 05/07/2013 17:36:17
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  20:56:18  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm-rs reptiles and frozen reptiles do look reasonable-no good if they don't arrive/arrive as mush though
I'll see if they deliver down here.....
Livefoods by post do have a scheme with £5 free food after you've collected 5 lots of £5 spent-maybe that's only in store?
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  21:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have ordered twice from frozen reptile and had no problem apart from putting the wrong day down for delivery some of us are a bit thick lol. When I e-mailed them I got a reply within 15mins hope you get it sorted the mice I got were in lovely condition and I was well satisfied. I do know they were having a few web-site problems a short while ago.

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  22:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had heard good things about frozen reptile which is why I decided to give them a go but I'm quite unimpressed so far. I don't even know if my mice were dispatched or not and I was supposed to have received them this morning. No answers at all.

mjpeters - true... although I have had two mice deliveries from RSReptile which have been great, frozen solid and arrived exactly when I thought they would I just didn't want to go with them again after the kerfuffle they caused last week... Plus Frozen reptile say if your order arrives spoilt then they replace it with no charge - assuming they ever reply to your messages??

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What an **** of a time. Sorry to hear. Know were i wont be ordering from (y)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  22:30:12  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
More HMMM....begining to see why some big breeders produce their own rodents...
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  23:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm not having any luck with either company this past week. Pffft. If I give them both the benefit of the doubt and say that they are usually very good (RSReptiles had been previously and I heard good things about frozenreptile) then that makes me incredibly unlucky

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000