New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  22:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well willow is def going into Blue, at last!

Her belly checkers have gone milky and she is starting to look much duller, although her eyes are still clear. Tomorrow is her usual feeding, should I try to feed her as normal? I realise she might refuse and if she does that's OK but I'm assuming it OK to offer?

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  22:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can offer if you want to, it really is down to personal choice. I don't handle or feed any of mine as soon as I see signs of them turning blue. My thinking is that they feel very vulnerable and stressed over this time as they are virtually blind, so I don't want to add to that stress. Also, in the wild they wouldn't be out hunting, they'd be hidden away somewhere. BUT it is down to you....and Willow, of course, as she may decide she doesn't want to eat while she's blue .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  01:56:32  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As Kellog said it's really personal choice. I've got one snake who wants his food and everything if he's blue or not. My others I tend to leave alone unless they come out to me while daily checks are done.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  11:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Half the time, I only realise mine are in blue when I get them out to feed and they already have a mouse defrosted! Corno has always eaten no matter how deep in blue she is so I feed her. Ember never used to feed in blue so I wouldn't offer, but she has been a bit weird lately with her feeding - sometimes she eats in her tub, others she'll eat when I put her back in her viv, still in the tub. Last time she was in blue I'd defrosted a mouse for her before realising, so just put her and the tub in her viv to see what happened - I was rather surprised that she ate!

Basically I always offer once, and if they refuse then I don't bother offering when in blue again. My house snake refused when in blue, and so did our new carpet so they won't be offered again (unless as above lol)

Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  18:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is OK to offer, it is up to you I offer all my snakes food as normal when they are blue. They all take it without problems. The only exception is sometimes Andromeda will only take one item instead of two (she's on fuzzies and not quite big enough to manage a small). That's not a problem for me as I have other 'dustbin' snakes which will eat whatever is left quite happily

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  20:39:12  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with everyone here :) Its alright to offer,but its snakies choice of whether they want to eat. Its alright if they refuse. But its all personal choice :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  22:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as Willow's eyes still hadn't clouded even though her belly had so I decided to offer her a feed.... And she wolfed it down! She took next to no persuading and took it off the tongs. No need to leave her to it or anything ate it all down in front of us! Seems she is a hungry one, thanks for those who gave their experience.

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  07:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear . I hadn't remembered when I commented that you'd said her eyes were still clear ....so, if she was mine, I'd still offer food at that point. It's once their eyes cloud over and they go virtually blind that its 'hands-off' time. So glad you got such a good feeding reaction as well. She really is coming on .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Jakkke_123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2013 :  23:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake is in Blue, First time he has been in blue for me, I have left a mouse in his cage as we speak and I am waiting for him to feed. Usually he strikes with confidence but because he is in blue he is unsure. Just a waiting game for me now.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa334/blueboyz1/706ad544-2d51-4073-8c6e-2e194ce90215.jpg?t=1371854411
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2013 :  20:52:55  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When in Blue my Mo's strike is off and then she gets shy about eating but if left alone she generally eats the mousie :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2013 :  21:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it has been another 6 days since Willow last ate, her eyes have clouded and cleared again so she cant be far off shedding. I decided to offer her another feed as she is on a fuzzie every 6 days at the moment.... and she is a right piggy! Jumped on it off the tongs again! she is in the process of swallowing it down now! Seems she has no issues with feeding when ever it is offered to her!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  09:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She certainly is a confident little thing ! Shows how happy she is with you, that she's not bothered or stressed about being handled and fed while she's in this vulnerable state.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  09:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Albi is the same, he will eat regardless, not always very sociable and hard to get out of the viv when he is in blue, but once we get passed that bit he wolfs it down. :D

Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  09:26:57  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My two eat no problems at all when in blue lol. Sakana can be hesitant but she will still take it, Cereus just strikes more aggressively to make sure he gets it XD

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

Bob101
Egg

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2013 :  16:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sid eats wether he is in blue or not! Complete gorb!:D

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: