Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  09:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure if i am putting tis in the right section but here goes seen this beauty and not sure if i can resist have already messaged about her and asked lots of questions but what you guys think ?? hubby already said yes and i can still get my new hatchie too he been up and got the baby tank down from the loft to set it up one happy girl today

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/corn-snake-vivarium-accessories/1020722281

please help

moved to more appropriate section by Kellog

Edited by - Kellog on 04/06/2013 11:41:30

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  10:46:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It looks great but doesn't say anything about a thermosat so you might need to get one.
And a hatchling too.....way to go!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  10:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know was thinking that too herriot must have caught him on a good morning lol as for thermostat noticed that too and just messaged them again really am hoping to get her rather exited lol
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  11:02:59  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa west lothian

i know was thinking that too herriot must have caught him on a good morning lol as for thermostat noticed that too and just messaged them again really am hoping to get her rather exited lol

If you get both that will be an excellent result!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  11:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep sure will think i have the corn bug lol i blame this forum :D
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  11:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous snake and not a bad price for what you're getting . Two points other than the need for a thermostat (and obviously a digital thermometer)....it only mentions one hide and it says she is being fed jumbo mice weekly, which is a lot. You'll probably have to adjust her feeding schedule.

All I can say is that your husband must love you very, very much ....or he'll do anything to keep you quiet and not nagging for another snake, which is how I landed up with Asher .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  13:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Judith have plenty extra hides here for her anyway just confirmed going to get her in the morning oh I'm so excited she does have a stat so that good news and if no digi thermo will just share Nevis one till I get another in the mail, was thinking that too it a lot to be feeding so was gonna see if she over weight tomorrow and adjust accordingly I have been reading up lol this forum has a lot to answer for I tell ya should come with a warning enter if you dare lol, as for Gary I'm sure it prob just to shut me up lol but he does love the snakeys too, I'm sat her like the cat that got the cream grinning for ear to ear so just need to wait on my wee hatchie coming up for sale on here to choose it then that me sorted for a little while anyway lol xx
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  13:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also went into the pet shop I got Nevis from today to see about a light for his viv but was told best not to put a light in as even with a guard on he will coil it and burn himself just wondered what other people's views were on this ?......
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  13:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and thank you for moving it to the right place Judith x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  20:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not surprised you feel like the cat that got the cream !! So glad you're getting her . I do warn people when I welcome them about how addictive corns are....but no-one ever listens .

As for the light, it should be absolutely fine as long as it has a guard around it that Nevis can't get through. There shouldn't be any risk of him burning himself that I know of.

Remember, pics as soon as she has settled in!!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  21:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry there will be plenty pics so can't wait getting her in the morning still grinning from ear to ear xx

Edited by - Lisa west lothian on 04/06/2013 21:15:58
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  21:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to quarantine her in a separate room as far away from your other snakes as you can - just in case she has mites etc. Good luck tomorrow morning :)

Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  22:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How will I know if she has mites ect ?
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  00:21:17  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa west lothian

Also went into the pet shop I got Nevis from today to see about a light for his viv but was told best not to put a light in as even with a guard on he will coil it and burn himself just wondered what other people's views were on this ?......

Bad advice from the pet shop. If the guard is the appropriate size for the bulb then there will be no problems. My carpets all use ceramics bulbs that are guarded and the ceramics I have measured surface temps close to 200C yet I can hold my hand on the guard and it not burn.

Looks like a good deal and I am sure you will be happy with her/him

Not really convinced with their reason of getting rid of her/him
quote:
WILL BE SAD TO SEE HER GO,BUT JUST NOT GETTING THE ATTENTION SHE NEEDS,AS WE ARE BOTH NOW WORKING FULL TIME,

how much attention do they think it needs!!!!

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python

Edited by - Donnie on 05/06/2013 00:24:55
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  08:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donne that was what I was thinking too a snake don't really need all that much attention but they said one works nights full time and the other days full time but I'm not gonna complain cos I'm getting a nice new snakey :) just about to leave to go get her now :D
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  13:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It can be tricky spotting mites, as they are really tiny black dots! Where they burrow under a scale they cause that scale to lift up slightly, so you can spot them that way. Also they commonly hang about under the chin and around the eyes/mouth/vent areas. Also if the snake soaks in the water bowl they will drown so check the water bowl carefully for any tiny black specks when you change it. When we got Prism she had 1 mite which was really obvious - a black lump sticking out from under a scale (she was a young snake though so it looked big on her lol). Then we noticed after taking photos, you could zoom in on the photo and see others that way! Our newest addition is a carpet python though - and her markings include quite a few black dots, so it's tricky to tell which dots are her normal colouring and which are mites lol!!

Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  13:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think we are going to be fine with her, the couple were really lovely and were so upset to let her go. You could tell she was well loved they just didn't feel she was getting enough attention. She loves a bath, and for some reason will poo only in the bath (very ladylike NOT) but if that's what she likes then the madam shall have. She is very curious but also very placid. Her previous owner passed her to me and she snuggled right in and I instantly fell in love with her so she is home, now just need a name for her as forgot to ask in all the excitement if she had a name already lol

Here are some quick pics of her, oh and if someone could please tell me what morph she is it would very much appreciated, thanks :)

Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  13:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is a lovely Carolina / Classic / Normal / Wild Type (all names for the same thing). She looks really lovely, I especially like the white/greyish splashes on her sides! :D

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  14:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you isoldael thats what i thought getting good lol she is stunning so in love with her already still like the cheshire cat here cant believe hubby still let me get her and yes in the pic baby tank back out so you all know what that means :0
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  17:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, she looks like a beautiful normal to me She's a little on the chubby side but that could just be the pictures.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Lisa west lothian
Egg

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  18:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She got no hips lol first thing I checked she is a big girl tho she seems to have a bigger head than Nevis too
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000