New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asmodias
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  17:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's that time of year where the loveliest of corn snakes come forth from their eggs and grace us with their elegant (or humble) morphs. And you know what? I really want a couple of new corn snakes so it's a good time to invest my cash into it; I've not got much space anymore so the most I can handle is two.

I've decided upon picking myself up a Tessera

moved by Kellog

Edited by - Kellog on 03/06/2013 23:08:41

asmodias
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  17:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woops! Accidently posted. I'll continue this way as edit won't work.
So, regarding the Tessera I've got some questions: for the more normal Teserra's what price am I going to be looking at this year? In addition, are they really 'Reptile Store' common or will I have to go out of my way to visit a convention like Kempton Park Reptiles?

In addition to this, I'm feeling indecisive upon what other morph of snake I want to snaffle up, I want something different and erratic like the Tessera but I've got a thing for speckled corn snakes and striped corn snakes - I certainly want a fancy, pricey morph this year around! Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  18:08:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Look on ians vivariums website....you won't know what to choose!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Edited by - herriotfan on 03/06/2013 18:09:07
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  18:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are interested in tesseras... you NEED to check out multicorn!! http://multicorn.info/

Also as Herriotfan said, Ians vivarium is the most dangerous website on earth, you will come away wanting hundreds lol :P http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  19:08:19  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
also look up Purplegoth666 on the forums for tessera stuff.

If you like speckly patterns have a look at anything with cinder in it

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  19:27:22  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why not save up and go the WHOLE HOG and get a PALMETTO?
I mean seriously Google these guy's the ultimate blue eyed speckly beauties
Oh and you may have to queue for a while
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  21:03:32  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As your in Bournemouth check out wild world reptiles as the owners breed corns (procorns) and breed many nice morphs including tessera

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  21:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you'll see tesseras in the petshops quite yet. Maybe in a few more years. Multicorn and procorn are two great breeders who both breed tesseras, I would recommend them both as I have snakes from both of them (my tessera is from multicorn).

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  21:50:53  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

I don't think you'll see tesseras in the petshops quite yet.

There was one in a pet shop close to me recently and I can't remember how much it was selling for but I can remember me thinking the price was way over the top

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  23:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I stand corrected. Actually, thinking about it a bit harder, I think that the reptile room in blackpool had them available but on order only and I think their price was way too high compared to buying from breeders. Either way I think people would be better buying from breeders

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  10:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh great!! now I've looked on Multicorns website and seen the Mandarin Rat snakes! Stunning! My list gets ever longer.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  19:21:24  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee

oh great!! now I've looked on Multicorns website and seen the Mandarin Rat snakes! Stunning! My list gets ever longer.

I don't want to lead you into more temptation, BUT.... Ians Vivarium has a morph guide for mandarin rats too

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  19:22:06  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There's morphs of Mandarins now!?!?! OMG!!

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  10:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well unless I win the lottery soon I can't really justify getting one :(

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000