Fat snake!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  19:37:57  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's sunny

I tried and failed to put these on 'morphs'bit,so here they are again-using the old method of posting!!
She's seriously fat

Lots of creased scales

Very yellow

Yellow eyes

Pink tongue.

I bolted a java wood 'parrot perch'through the viv to make a 'gym'for her

with dunelm ivy of course!
Any ideas as to her morph?or haw I can slim her down?
Thanks

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  22:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am useless with morphs, but stairs are a good

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  23:23:45  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yup,stairs work or,I could pretend she is one of our baby royals(Bugarit&Bugarum)they seem to spend a fair bit of time as 'liberty snakes'
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  08:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another one, at this rate you're going to need another house by Christmas lol!!! Lovely snake (well she will be especially once you get her slimmed down!). Looks like a caramel to me :)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  08:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know I'm useless with morphs ....but, as Smartbunny has said, she looks like a caramel to me - http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/caramel/ Her colours are beautiful and I'm sure she will be too once she's slimmed down a bit .

As has been said, stairs are great and lots of handling. I think a big thing will be changing her feeding schedule. What's she eating at the moment? More suggestions in Is your snake a fatty?

Xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 02/06/2013 20:02:26
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  17:45:01  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog
As has been said, stairs are great and lots of handling. I think a big thing will be changing her feeding schedule. What's she eating at the moment? More suggestions in Is your snake a fatty?

Xxx

They showed me some mice a size up from fluffy's and said 2-3 every 5-6 days.They also said they could not afford to feed her any more.
Honestly didn't plan on another snake-they were advertising a viv!
She was on about 3" of those wood chips and had a spider matt-they told me she stayed in her hide on top of her spider matt most of the time.
Her viv. was a 3ft vivexotic. They were going to put her in with a big black snake(looked like the black Nagini snake)in the viv above hers.
So she came home to join the menagerie.

Question is;Does anyone fancy rescuing a black 'Nagini'snake?
I collect my daughter from bournemouth uni.at the end of this week and could bring it over?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  20:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if the pics are deceiving but it's hard to believe Sunny got to this size eating just fluffs....although I guess they are fairly high in fat and she was eating doubles. Do you have a plan for changing her feeding?

Wish I could help out with the black 'Nagini' snake, but unless it was delivered to my doorstep with a full set-up my OH's answer would be 'NO' . I can't believe they were going to house the 2 snakes together !

So how many do you have in your menagerie now....and when is it going to stop ??

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  20:49:23  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if she was fat because of not moving of her 'hot spot'spider matt?
She is up her tree at the moment;
from what I've managed to find great plains rat snakes do regularly reach over 6ft,and not surprisingly rats are a better food for them than mice.Hybrids can get bigger than either parent.
As for the Zoo,the Juve Humans are the most 'interesting'and challengingbut here goes:

Humans 5 (2.3)
Dogs 2
Cichlids innumerable-3 tanks in linked systems total 1200litres
Carp pond 10500gallons-various fish occaisionaly a Heron OR Cormorant
Wildlife pond 625gallons-various seasonal newts,frogs,toads,dragonflies etc
Garden beasties,various seasonal-Slow worms,grass snakes,hedgepigs,foxes,pheasants,red squirrels,jays,heronsall manner of small birdiesand occaisional mad bad badger
Slug snakes (OH's BALLS) 4
Cornsnakes 8 (3.5)

That's all the permanent residents!
BUT also,temporary foster(puppy walk)assorted mutts,and pet sit when needed.

No real expansion plans-apart from feeding Figs human sized cake for snakey
maybe if one crosses our path a Hoggie and little green Housie.

Were blessed to live where we do,the Isle of Wight is lovely,very dog friendly and still very greenBUT a bit like living with a 'time lag' you know britain in the 50's

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000