New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2013 :  13:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, so i picked up my taiwan beauty today and am aware he will grow to a rather large size and will need atleast a 4X2X3
Ive had a look and found a couple i like (looking at possibility of a corner one)
However, i am contemplating building one myself i am just wondering how easy people have found this to do?

Thank you

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  00:13:08  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pretty easy and a very rewarding project. Spent a few weeks working evenings doing my viv stacks, I got the furniture board from B&Q so they could cut it to size, and put the pieces together using cam fittings, I opted for perspex doors and not had a problem with them. Especially a viv that size you could safe a lot of money.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  09:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never done it, but you may find these threads helpful -

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2568

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1764

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1763

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  10:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good then, think can make a bit more personal/ interesting then want lots of climbing room for him :) and yeah def thinking of the cost :) may have a o at making 4ft one for lizards I think as practice :)

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  14:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rubi

That's good then, think can make a bit more personal/ interesting then want lots of climbing room for him :) and yeah def thinking of the cost :) may have a o at making 4ft one for lizards I think as practice :)

I've built two. They are around 4-5ft in length. You could probably make the two into one vivarium by just taking away a plank of wood.

I used all Ikea products. Everything from the lighting to the glass.

Good luck

Here's mine mid build

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000