Are these vivs good for corns?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  20:38:54  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I got 4 of these 24"long,21"deep(front to back)15"tall vivs.They sliding have toughened glass and two air vents (round 3"covered in micro mesh)at the top back.
They are sturdy custom built all the same out of thick white melamine faced board

With them I got 3 of these microclimate controlers-complete with sensors and two 4ft long 1ft wide heat mats

This cost me £60-what would be the best product to use to clean them up with?
I was going to run them as 2 side by side on a 4'mat,I would love to put them all together as a block of 4-BUT the Powers that be wont permit it .
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make them more 'front room friendly'? apart from putting our lovely snakes in them!!

carmil07
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  21:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm... could you maybe paint them on the outside to match your decor? Or if you have wallpaper I've even seen some with the outside covered in matching wallpaper?
Put some nice chrome legs on the bottom ones if your not sitting them on top of anything
That's all I can think of, nice buy anyway

0.0.1 Carolina corn snake - Ruby
0.2.0 moggie cat's - Stella & Matilda
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  21:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that one of those dodgy printed heat mats with the lines??

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  22:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Vivariums look good to me.

I'd give them a good wash out with some diluted Milton (really cheap in home bargains, used to sterilize baby bottles). Then give it a clean up. I'd get some backgrounds put in it. I think they will be perfect.

Keep us updated
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  22:27:04  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

I'd give them a good wash out with some diluted Milton (really cheap in home bargains, used to sterilize baby bottles). Then give it a clean up. I'd get some backgrounds put in it. I think they will be perfect.

Keep us updated

Thanks I'll keep you posted we are going to look for some L.E.D lights and fake plants-our guys seem to love them.Do like you boy George-we have an ultramel Anery motley also called George
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  22:48:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Keep us updated

Thanks I'll keep you posted we are going to look for some L.E.D lights and fake plants-our guys seem to love them.Do like you boy George-we have an ultramel Anery motley also called George

Nope, the name George was my daughters idea. Think it stemmed from a cartoon she watches
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  23:21:43  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Welshlamb- not 'Boy George' I mean our boy is also called George,he came with the name BUT it is Peppa Pigs brother too-most convenient as Peppa's our littlegirl's fav.character too
Go to Top of Page

andria2013
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  14:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good buy .

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2013 :  20:39:16  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Finally wisdom prevails!
Here we have the result of MANY hours of Muttering,swearing,head scratching,cleaning and wiring (and that was just to get other 'arf to agree to vivs in front room !)

nothing too special here,maybe the price;

1/4 white vivs,with mats,pulsed stats,thermometers @£60
2/3vines from dunelm mill @£2.99=£11.96
3/2 'Trixie tables'amazon @£5.99=£11.98
4/2 pieces ancient reclaimed aquarium bogwood @£8
5/4 'previously enjoyed'reptile bowls @£4
6/1 set LED lights from Maplins @£29.99
7/5pieces 'old stock'cork logs @£5

I make that £130.93.The two Monkfield vivs on top came with snakes (f.o.c.)and the cupboard underneath was £20-it has 2 handy drawers for keeping snakey bits in.

So thats 6vivs kitted out on a cupboard for £150.93.
(the empty unlit is waiting for its occupant to arrive)
Not the prettiest stack-but I'm quite pleased with it and our snakes seem pleased too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000