so, is sharon a carolina?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2013 :  01:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she doesn't seem to be a proper one- when we got her as a tiddler, she was labelled as a 'florida' corn ie miami, had a greyish base colour and distinct markings,

but as she got older, orange started showing, so i thought, well carolina, stupid P@H can't identify the most common type... BUT,

now she's nearly 2, and has almost no black, all the pattern on her sides has gone, and her tummy is just...odd. she has a sort of bronze base colour, and her eyes are also this colour. Is this just a variation on standard? just curious..
tummy

disappeared side patterns

truest colour to life photo i have..

any thoughts?

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2013 :  13:27:44  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
She's lovely whatever she is
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2013 :  14:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you take a picture from slightly further away? A little tricky to tell purely based on those close-ups because the lighting changes from shot to shot. I might lean towards a hypo from the latter pictures, but with more pics we should be able to see better :)

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2013 :  16:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, could I see a photo of her head as well as some further away please? The belly markings looks like they might be separated which can sometimes be a sign of a masque corn

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  12:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okey cokey- further away pic..

and head shot..
when she was tiny wee- a lovely clear rocket

more recent, but stretched round a mouse.. sorry, its all ive got. her rocket has gone sort of blurred, even when its not stretched round a mo0use

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  12:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I vote hypo
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  13:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second hypo

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  13:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I third hypo :)

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  14:04:54  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And I fourth it...? Not sure if that's the correct term XD

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  19:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh looks hypo.... but I'm a bit late with that one :P

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  21:55:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
definitely hypo :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  23:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
laffs- thanks guys- finally got that one cleared up... and seems to be a unanimous verdict-

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000