Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Charles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2013 :  22:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a parent is homozygous for a trait eg "cc" for caramel then all the offspring will be het caramel. (Assuming the other snake does not have a copy of caramel.)

If the parent is het caramel "Cc" then there is a 50% chance that the offspring will be het (Assuming the other snake does not have a copy of caramel.)

If one parent is caramel "cc" and the other het caramel "Cc) then half the offspring will be caramel and the other half het caramel.

If both parents are het caramel (Cc) then 25% will be normal, 50% will be het and 25% caramel.

If you would like the workings then I can't do it on my phone.

1.1.0 Jim Caramel Tessera, Rosie Motley
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2013 :  00:31:30  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm aware Sakana is only Hypo ph Amel and nothing else but after all the messing about from her breeder she could be het anything lol. Cereus is a Butter and I don't think he has any hets but not sure. Got him from my uncle and my uncle had bred him but I don't know the parents hets. As far as I'm aware they were both butters but even he doesn't know if they had any hets as they were bought from shops.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.

Edited by - AcidicAngel on 29/04/2013 00:32:02
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  21:59:53  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
copy pasta from another forum .......

Inheritance:
Each morph has its own locus (place) on the chromosome, and there are two alleles present at each locus (one inherited from each parent). If these alleles are the same then that locus is homozygous, if they are different then it is heterozygous.
A morph is a mutation of an allele, but in the case of a recessive morph (recessive to normal) both alleles need to be the mutated version.

(note: this only applies to recessive morphs, which 99% of corn morphs are)

100% het
A recessive morph will be 100% het if one parent is a visual morph because that parent will have no normal allele to pass down - both will be the mutation so it is guaranteed that is what the babies will inherit.

66% possible het
If BOTH parents are het for the same morph, then any non-visual babies are referred to as 66% possible het. If we take a breeding of normal het amel X normal het amel as an example, the statistics predict that 1/4 will be amel and 3/4 will be normal. Out of the 3 normals, 2 are predicted to be het amel, but because you can't see the het we say they are ALL 66% possibly het - the 66% means that 2 out of 3 should be het.

50% possible het
If a baby is described as 50% poss het, this means that only one parent is het for a morph. Eg, normal X normal het anery: the stats say all the babies will be normal, but 1/2 will be het anery - this is where the 50% comes in. They will all be described as normal 50% poss het anery.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  23:44:22  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank-You Eeji That makes sense.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000