Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  12:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi people.

I got my third corn on Monday :) it's a female around 18 months old to two years. So I have gone with 2 years old on the day I got it as it's birthday lol. it was owned before hand by a couple of lesbians who was down sizeing there collection, she's by far the friendliest corn I have come across.

She wasn't actually on sale in cold blooded as it was kept upstairs with some other randoms so we had a look and came to a deal.

However I'm unaware on her morph they seemed to think it was a candy. It's definitely a amel but looks as it has been selectively bred or something as it is very unusual does anyone have any thoughts as what it could be classed as?
She shall be paired with a amel motley het caramel in the future so I assume thy shall produce a minimum of Amels.

Thanx and I look forward to hearing your views I shall update pics of the other 2 soon
All the best
Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  12:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like she's faded in the wash haha! Pretty one
I havent a clue on morph other than amel though...
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  12:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol yeah she does:) apparently when she was smaller she had less colour (more white) and has developed more colour as she has got bigger. So she may have looked more candy then, but now the amel has definitely come out in her wich I believe happens to alot of candys when they get older? Who knows lol pretty though

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  17:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's lovely, and does look very pale for an amel

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  18:53:52  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
creamsicle perhaps?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  23:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm looks like abit of a random one.Its a shame the male is so bright although we may still get some different hatchys?

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  09:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no idea on the morph but she's stunning!

1.1.0 Corn Snakes, Oscar the Golddust Motley, Emmy the Ultramel Anery
2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, Masuka
1.0.0 Western Hognose Snake - Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  09:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If its cremiacles all the hatchies will be hybrids. Not sure how the genes would cross of. In theory any amels would actually be cremiacles.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i no its amel at the end of the day but for instance sunglow, candy cane, reverse oketee and creamsicle are all amels. However they all look completley different. Each type has been bred specificly for a certain coulour/pattern i.e i would not class the one at the top of the website a candy cane for instance,both are amels yes however they look notheing alike. candy cane show no orange at all yet put it next to another normal amel and that would be showing 65 percent orange than anything else. so yes all are amels but bred different and broken up in to differnt cattergries.

all the best
Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  12:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Cremsicle isn't an Amel, Cremsicle of a hybrid of Amel corn snakes and Great Plains Ratsnake. Selective breeding doesn't cover hybridisation.

I think this is just a bright/pale Amel, without knowing the parents genetics it's hard to say.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  17:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Well, Cremsicle isn't an Amel, Cremsicle of a hybrid of Amel corn snakes and Great Plains Ratsnake. Selective breeding doesn't cover hybridisation.

I think this is just a bright/pale Amel, without knowing the parents genetics it's hard to say.

This is true. But the ultra gene wasn't classed as hybrid up until last year-ish, and who knows how many lines have the ultra has been bred into.

So can anyone claim to have a 'pure' corn?

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  19:10:34  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if the parents are unknown then its entirely possible she is a creamsicle.

I wouldn't be putting any selective bred label on her, "just" amel.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  21:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an unusual coloured corn I'll be interested to see what she produces if you breed her, amels obviously but maybe creamsicles or hybrids too?

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2013 :  21:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx all it shall be interesting hopefully. She shall be paired with a amel motley het caremel

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000