Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2013 :  21:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think they go past being ugly and are beautiful. I don't agree with people breeding and creating this type of animal whether its a snake, rat, guinea pig or any other animal, so unnatural for them and not how nature intended.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

andy
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2013 :  11:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
couldnt agree more
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2013 :  11:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's amazing that we can do these things, it's a fantastic extreme and there will always be a market for it. A lot of the morph or colours of animals we have today are not and will never be found in the wild? How is this any different?

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2013 :  18:56:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dislike although but I don't like it when people say it's not natural, makes them sound like they were done in a science labby. If this is unnatural, then creamsicles are also then surely and many other morphs for many snakes. Maybe not a natural co-occurrence in the wild but if you can put two things together and they mate and produce offspring its natural.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2013 :  19:40:58  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
who says its not a natural wild occurrence? Depending on who you ask and where you read, corns and great plains range overlap so its entirely possible that there are wild scaleless crosses 'out there'

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  14:51:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That would be cool :) I personally don't like the look of them but thats only because I want to iron the crinkles out of them :P It's amazing to think of any morph that exists in the wild or captivity that has yet to be found.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 26/01/2013 14:57:36
Go to Top of Page

Multicorn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2013 :  08:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Multicorn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having the pleasure of handling these for a few years now I can say they are amazing..! The colours shine like no other morph due to the lack of scales..
They feel like only one thing (I'll leave it at that) nothing else comparative..!

Ethics:
Well every new morph in corns is always said to be a hybrid at some point.!!! Even the stripe we all love. So there will not be a 'true' corn left in captivity now if thats the case!!!
At least the originating breeder said it was hybrid... Credit there.!

Is it right????? Mmmmmm depends on the breeder!!! I personally would not buy ANY snake from a breeder with scale less..!! Unless they Always stated HYBRID HET SCALE LESS POS HET SCALE LESS!!!!
I cant think of anything worse than a scale less popping up unwanted...!!!!

Would I own one:??
Yes I would totally gorgeous. I would decorate the viv differently though..!!

As a breeder..? I would never breed scale less..! I have to be confident in the ethics of a morph/snake to breed them. Im not convinced...

It might sound silly that I would own one but wont breed ethically..!!!
I like british bull dogs if I wanted a dog I might own one... I would not breed though as they have facial skin issues... !! That will be bred out one day but for me not what I want to spread!!! (not knocking that dog I would own one... As I would scale less they are gorgeous)

I hope my honest opinion came over without upsetting anyone. That is not ever my intention..!!

WWW.MULTICORN.info
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000