Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 strange paterned normal & what would Jesus do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dejvid
Snake Mite

Slovenia
36 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  12:11:46  Show Profile  Visit dejvid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, so it may not be anything, but in my clutch of normals het. amel, there was one with some intresting patern, not all over but stil intresting... I think, it could be some intresting project on that one, unfortunatly, after closer inspection, i find a minor kink on his spine, so now i am in a dilemma, of forgeting abbout that intresting pattern in the manner of that litle kink, or if he manage to survive to adoulthood, make a project to selectewly breed on that patern...

Some pics:
dorzal

on the side

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  12:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having read your other thread, it sounds possibly slightly genetic. Therefore you really shouldn't run the risk of breeding from him, despite his cool pattern.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  12:55:16  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Having read your other thread, it sounds possibly slightly genetic. Therefore you really shouldn't run the risk of breeding from him, despite his cool pattern.

I agree definately wouldnt consider breeding from any kinked snake myself just in case if you know for certain its incubation temps thats fair enough but probably not worth the risk

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  13:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pattern is probably because of the kink, much like a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog's ridge is because of spinal deformity.

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  17:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a difficult one. I have 2 here from a clutch from this year with very minor kinks. I know for a fact that the incubations temperatures dropped dramatically for 1 day whilst the eggs were cooking. They are from a line with no known kinks, siblings from other peoples clutches have no kinks whatsoever, and the breeder of the parents has no kinks in any of hers either. Still not sure if I'll breed these in future or not, but I have a while to decide. Personally, I think it'll be okay to breed mine, maybe, but with such a high percentage of kinks in your clutch I'd agree that it sounds possibly genetic, and therefore I'd advise that you don't breed it.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  19:00:32  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
imo kinks = pet only. Nobody knows if its going to be a genetic thing (even if relations have no kinks) or incubation problems.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000