New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  23:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres some pics of the Amel, i think it could well be a candycane. Notice the stipe down is neck, this is both sides.
Iv sexed it via candling (well torching lol), its a definate male

And heres pics of the one that is strange and puzzling a few people on the forum. This one i sexed using the same thing, and is a Female, ive also noticed that its saddles are quite elongated, almost banded, could prove intreasting in a couple of years. Shes gorgeous. Oh she has a plaine white belly. Any help or ideas from any more of you would be fab and intreasting

And heres the other Amel, very pretie but deformed quite badly near its vertually non existant tail , it moves weirdly as it almost seems paralised above near its unbilical cord was, wich weirdly didnt get obsorbed atall and after a few days fell off.

Unfortunatly i think it only fare that we let him go to heaven

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  23:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the one with the plain belly i would say amel motley as the motleys always have plain tums!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  14:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the pairing? In my (very limited and uneducated) opinion the second one doesn't look 100% corn. What does anyone else think

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  16:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, poor snake with the deformed tail

I'm not very experienced with morphs yet but I will be watching and waiting to see what the more experienced members of the forum say about these.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  21:24:24  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are the parents?

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  23:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is another thread of mine on here to do with help with the morph, will try to copy and paste. Not sure if it will work thou lol as im not to good at this sort of thing lol. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25476

Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  23:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh okay so there's gold dust in there. I think that means the babies aren't any sort of corn snake morph, as the addition of another species of rat snake means the appearances won't play by corn morph rules.

So the babies are just a mix of the parents and that's about as specific as you can get with regards to naming any morphs I would have thought. That doesn't mean they are't lovely looking, but it means there's no point trying to name them a corn morph. Cos they won't fit in with the requirements of each morph.

Did I read right that mum is an amel corn snake and dad is a golddust hybrid? Cos that's what I'd call the babies personally. GolddustxAmel.

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  07:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A gold dust is a morph but is also a hybrid(cornsnake x grey ratsnake).

Have a look here for some hybrid morphs(scroll all the way to the bottom);

www.iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/?sid=

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko

Edited by - viraleye on 06/08/2012 07:43:18
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  21:13:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
she's ultramel motley - does the amel have a plain belly as it also has a motley-ish look about it too

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  21:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
viraleye thank you for that, very intreasting reading, especialy about the hypo, ultramel etc and where it comes from and that any corn that has this in is a hybrid. I thought from the pics there my strange one looks a little like a diffused.
Thank you very much eeji, her saddles have got a little more of a maroon colour now, il put pics up of her after her nxt shed to show how much shes changing.Just a question but if shes motley, why is she not showing the markings apart from the belly. And the Amel stripy one has chequers on his belly.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  19:06:35  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if by the stripy one you mean the first pic thats just a few joined saddles which is a common thing at the neck end. Motley is very variable and shows hardly any joining to a full motley pattern and anything in between but the gene is still there.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000