Advice needed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tanya.hobbs7
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  08:53:03  Show Profile  Send tanya.hobbs7 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My corn snake laid 7 eggs 78 days ago. 5 of the egg have been incubated successfully. 2 babies hatched 10 days ago but 3 are still unhatched. The eggs still look very healthy, they're not too hard and have not dented in.
Is this normal or should they all have hatched by now considering they were all laid at the same time?
Also the 2 babies that hatched have shed yesterday. I have tried feeding them but they won't eat. How long should I leave the food in there for before I bin it? Has anyone got any tips on trying to encourage them to eat.

Thanks for any advice.

tanya.hobbs7
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  09:37:16  Show Profile  Send tanya.hobbs7 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Here are the 2 that have hatched so far!

Edited by - tanya.hobbs7 on 04/08/2012 09:42:26
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  15:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try feeding them in a few days. try in the evening and if they don't eat straight away leave the food in with them over night. it's better if you keep the hatchlings seperately now they've shed

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  15:18:33  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the eggs all look good so the babies should be out soon enough. Some won't eat the first meal offered especially so soon after the shed because they are still full of yolk.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

tanya.hobbs7
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  19:14:46  Show Profile  Send tanya.hobbs7 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the advice. Forgot to say they had already been separated & are in individual cricket tubs with kitchen roll, toilet roll tube (for a hide) & water in a little tea light candle holder.
One of the eggs have hatched! Only 2 more of the lazy ones to go!
After a day I threw the meal away. One of the hatchlings actually curled up asleep on their dinner! I'll try to feed them again in a couple of days. The first hatchling to come out has poo'd today.

How long can they go without food?
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  20:08:55  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They will go longer than you'd imagine without food. Remember when they hatched they absorb the yolk so in a way have had a feed. As said give them a few days after there first shed. Also heat the pinkies up too.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

tanya.hobbs7
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  20:41:29  Show Profile  Send tanya.hobbs7 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to ask a daft question but how do you heat the pinkies up?
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  20:52:05  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can use a hair dryer or hot water

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  20:55:02  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Best of luck with your new little ones.

Hair dryer is good but dont be suprised if the other half sees you and gives you odd looks :P

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000