Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  03:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think im going to get a female butter and breed it with my Anery het amel, hypo

Then keep back a pair and eventually breed butters :)
could also get xanthic snows or maybe citrines too.. would be nice

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  04:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I understood all that homogynous/ phenotype / recessive / codominant genetic stuff.... I read posts about it and my brain melts ... It's like some weird esoteric form of algebra, as far as I can tell....
Good luck with your plan, it sounds fantastic; butters are gorgeous.. never heard of citrine before tho .....
* heading over to Ian's morph guide to have a look ...*

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  07:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want Xanthic snows or Citrines, your Anery would need to be het Amel, Hypo and Caramel to stand any chance of making one. The butter you buy would then have to be het for Hypo and Anery too.

Even then you'd be left with a 3/32 chance of an Xanthic snow, and a 1/32 of a Citrine, so the odds wouldn't be in your favour.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  11:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18
Even then you'd be left with a 3/32 chance of an Xanthic snow, and a 1/32 of a Citrine, so the odds wouldn't be in your favour.

Always good to have some positive thinking on the board :P

I think people who look to breed the rarer morphs probably know the odds. Why should that stop them trying?

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  14:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh for sure, I'm not saying don't! Go for it :D Just wanted to point out what the odds were, so that you weren't horribly disappointed if it didn't turn out as they were hoping.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  15:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh i know the odds, but it makes waiting for hatching day all the more exciting haha.

I really just wanna get into breeding butters and snows, maybe selective breeding eventually.
A citrine would just be a mega bonus! same with xanthics :)

And my anery is het for amel and hypo definately, and possibly het for caramel, just need to figure out if one of my hatchies IS caramel to be sure.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:07:56  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best of luck to you ive turned my brains to mush trying to decide what to aim to produce first outta my lot and have decided im just goijng to let nature takes its course lol whatever happens to be at the right age size and weight at breeding season will be considered at the time lol then i can worry about taregtting specific morphs the following year when everything should be the right age size and weight id just like a trial run for the experiance initiailly but plan to try some dry runs with incubtaor etc before i even get to putting snakes together lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea paulie. I've had 2 clutches now where I wasn't particularly fussed about what outcome I got. So Im planning on starting a proper little breeding program :)

Always good to have the incubator run for a while to make sure its working.
You got any pairs planned for next year?

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  16:27:33  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next year will likely just be putting my hypo het amel motley to my normal and waiting for all my other girls to mature in 2014 as they will only be 2 and a half come next breeding season but i may have a few other boys up to size next year however i dont know any hets for my biggest/oldest girl so i may as well just use the one male ive already proved out hets for to save myself a hedache lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake

Edited by - paulie78 on 03/08/2012 16:28:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly