Incubator troubles :/
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  00:50:04  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so, I use the lucky reptile herp II incubator and haven't had any troubles with it till tonight. The temp dropped to 24c and wouldn't go higher, it was like this for over a hour before I managed to fix it. I have 8 eggs due to hatch any day now and some more due to hatch in a month or so, will they still hatch? temp is back up to a steady 27-28c but I'm worried about the effects the temp drop has had on them. :/

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  01:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im no expert but as far as i know a slight drop in temp won't do much harm, if any effect at all it'll just make for slightly later hatching. its temperature rises that are dangerous.
I'm sure one of the more experienced bods will be about sometime soon to clarify for you, but I think you can rest easy for tonight.

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  01:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah a slight drop like that for such a small amount of time should be absolutely fine :)

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  02:24:44  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its stopped working again, dunno whats wrong with it it's like it can't get past 24c :( it's frustrating I have 19 eggs with another 4ish weeks to go and its been working fine until tonight don't understand it :/

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  09:57:31  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
U Google it to see if its a com an problem?

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  10:40:39  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
tried to google it haven't had much luck finding anything about it, i've had it just over a year now and it worked fine last year with my other clutches and it was working great till last night, have no idea whats going on with it. Going to try get hold of a stat today if I can so i can atleast keep the eggs at the right temp with heatmat but its hard to say if i'll be able to cause not easy to get hold of these things where i am.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  11:13:31  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If u get desperate pinch one off snake for a few days. Will be warm enough to not cause any problems as long as hasn't been feed for a few days

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  14:08:25  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
managed to get one, eggs are now happily cooking in make shift incubator, just hope they all ok after the night they've had now lol

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2012 :  11:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will be fine, a slight drop in temp doesn't effect them

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: