New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalymad2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  09:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After reading so many posts about lost snakes i have become paranoid about checking the viv`s are closed and locked.
This brings me to Wednesday, feeding day ,Two snakes in their rub`s with mice one finishes the other just latched on.
Snake that has finished returned to his viv, off to the kitchen i go to get clean water, second snake not even quarter along mouse, rub lid closed.
I return in no time longer than filling water jug to see lid open no snake in rub tail just disapearing behind viv.
I was lucky and managed to retrieve snakey after a short while, didnt realise he had strength to open rub and will be more careful in future.

1.0.0 CORN- FRED ( CAROLINA)
1.0.0 CORN- BARNEY (CAROLINA)
0.1.0 CORN- SNOWDROP (SNOW)
1.0.0 DALMATIAN- SOLO
0.1.0 DALMATIAN- METOO
0.1.0 COLLIE CROSS- LILY
0.1.0 CAT-SOOKIE
0.1.0 AFRICAN GREY PARROT- SPIRIT

mgtrock
Egg

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  09:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was lucky! at least you saw where he was disappearing too!

1.0.0 Carolina Corn (Slash)
1.0.0 British Giant Rabbit (Samson)
Go to Top of Page

Jmodjamodj
Egg

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just goes to show how clever they are and quick!!!
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:25:55  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats lucky ive had two close calls recently one the other day when i didnt shut eddies viv properly next day i found him under my throwever in the frontroom lol didnt even know hed escaped and the other night i was feeding Sookie and because i was so preoccupied about sheldon and trying to get him to eat i totally forgot id just left her in an open feeding tub with no lid on the floor bout 90 minutes later i suddenly realised she was just sat in there waiting to go back lmao how lucky am i!!

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, only takes a second. Pleased you got him back so quickly.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had a similar one...

During Plisskens' 20 week fast, I took him out in the car for a drive to see if I could get him to eat, and didn't secure the top of the plastic tank he was in properly.

Luckily there was no-one behind me to see my car swerve, straighten up and then pull over as I wrestled a 4.5 foot, bright red snake back into a tank.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:47:12  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

I've had a similar one...

During Plisskens' 20 week fast, I took him out in the car for a drive to see if I could get him to eat, and didn't secure the top of the plastic tank he was in properly.

Luckily there was no-one behind me to see my car swerve, straighten up and then pull over as I wrestled a 4.5 foot, bright red snake back into a tank.

PMSL!! reminds me of a trip to go get my friends snakes probed by a breeder friend of mine we had to go via bus when suddenly we realised his big female was escaping we had to wrestle this chunky 4ft corn back into a pillowcase into the carry box and yet nobody batteed an eyelid hahaha

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  10:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe blimey that was lucky! Glad you got him back so quickly!

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000