Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  19:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, just given Sid his monthly total clean out and this is what was found

We bought Sid as a male unconfirmed and due to his, guess I should say her behaviour have always belived that Sid was a male. She has not eaten for 2 months but we put this down to male behaviour lol. She seems ok in herself and we can not feel any eggs left inside. I shall keep worrying now especially with the strange long eggs shapes she laid. Strangley when we last had her out my son said he could feel a soft swelling near the vent, I just assumed she was going to poop. So obvioously females are just as bad at sexy dancing and fasting.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  19:05:48  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh crikey! what a surprise!

Hope 'she's' ok :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  20:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is a surprise, hope she's had no ill effects

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  20:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is acting no different to usual, its just that I keep looking at her now and wondering if she is ok. Is she being still because she is unwell, is she not eating because she is unwell? These are things that she normally does it just makes you wonder when you discover something like this. God it seems strange refering to her as a she, I'm so used to refering to all my snakes as he lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  20:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bet that was a suprise, hope she's ok. bet it is strange refering to her as she, i'll be the same if 8 ever turns out to be a she :-)

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  21:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, was hard to refer to my then named boy Rufus as now girl Rubi!

How she is okay

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  22:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh! Bet that was a shock!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  00:57:11  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow. I know what a shock it is to see unexpected eggs but at least I knew Connie was a girl. I hope Sid is doing ok. It is quite common for females to go off their food when they are gravid and also for them to become particularly active when they are looking for somewhere to lay. If you are not looking for the signs then they can be explained as normal male breeding season behaviour. Try and get a feed into her as soon as possible - try a smaller than usual mouse. She will go into a postlay shed soon so if you can get a meal into her before hand then she will regain her weight sooner. If she doesnt eat thou, don't worry and just try her again after she has shed.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  08:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Wow. I know what a shock it is to see unexpected eggs but at least I knew Connie was a girl. I hope Sid is doing ok. It is quite common for females to go off their food when they are gravid and also for them to become particularly active when they are looking for somewhere to lay. If you are not looking for the signs then they can be explained as normal male breeding season behaviour. Try and get a feed into her as soon as possible - try a smaller than usual mouse. She will go into a postlay shed soon so if you can get a meal into her before hand then she will regain her weight sooner. If she doesnt eat thou, don't worry and just try her again after she has shed.

She shed on the 5th June so I assume this would have been a pre lay shed? Is this next shed likely to happen in the next few days or are we talking weeks? There is no sign of going blue as yet. For the last week she has been laying curled in one spot, turns out right next to the eggs. Since we removed the eggs she has returned to her hot hide and stayed there. I could never breed snakes I would be a nervous wreck lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  11:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww poor... Sidette? Sidera? lol! Must have been a shock for you. Glad she seems OK and I hope she's back to her normal self soon :)

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  12:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has now been renamed Cindy. She is not intersted in eating so guess I will have to wait for the postlay shed.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  16:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope she's ok after that! Nice name change

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly