Vivarium sizes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott-P
Snake Mite

38 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  23:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Basically, when is my snakey ready to move out of her faunarium and into her vivarium? She is about 50cm long and still in the faunarium I bought for her as a starter. Now her 3 foot vivarium is completely decorated, guards in place, stat attached, everything done.. But I've become hesitant of moving her. I don't want to rush the move if she isn't going to be ready. I do have LOADS of plants in it, around 4 caves and coconut shell hides in and a really long piece of cork bark in as a hide all in it. However, it's still a lot bigger than a faun. I just don't fancy rushing it or somehow helping her to escape (I've read about snakes getting through the partition on the glass panels) cheers for any help

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  23:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go for it! lol she will be fine, let her settle in for a week or so with only water changes and then feed after a week and see ho she goes x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  23:53:07  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott, with the amount of hides and plants in thier she will be absoulutely fine, she will have loads of fun exploring, but still feel secure.

Btw, Im Chris, Stephs friend from college. Im guessing its you lol, I knew you had joined but only just noticed the name and your set-up questions.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and if she doesnt, theres always the RUB option for a bit, just keep it inside the viv

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  17:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All mine were in their final vivs at 9 months, never had a problem with them, in fact they are out and about far more often. Plenty of hides is the key

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  17:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i imagine she will be fine , plenty of places to hide and nice space to explore :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  18:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine was in a 2 and half foot viv from being 7 months old, I just packed it up with hides and vines and then have removed some as she has got older. You will be fine, its fun to watch them exploring their new homes :)

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000