New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilrabbit
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  14:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, my corn laid 17 eggs on the 28th May and since then she has had a single bump in her body right next to her vent, which I am presuming is a final egg. She has had her post-laying shed now and there is no sign of the lump going down or the egg coming out. She seems to be carrying on as usual, with the sole exception of trying to bite anything or anyone that goes near her tank (this is most unusual for her!), so at the moment I guess trying to massage the area is out of the question. I have placed a large tub of lukewarm water in her tank in the hope that she might bathe in it and something may happen but it's not looking too hopeful. Is there anything else I can do, before I take her to the vet?

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  15:51:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
has she fed and pood since laying?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  16:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can try putting her in a warm bath of shallow water for a few minutes if she'll let you
last year our female had a phantom preg and held back three
after 2 weeks she finally laid them but this isn't something i'd rely on, we just couldn't afford vet bills at the time

hope she gets it out!

Go to Top of Page

devilrabbit
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  17:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, she has fed and pooed since laying, so I'm taking this as a positive sign.

At the moment she won't let me anywhere near. I do have a pair of thick gardening gloves somewhere that I might hunt out later, that way if she bites she may fail to draw blood!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000